Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Headliner Cleaning

Posted by Willy Bermell 
Headliner Cleaning
February 20, 2002 08:36PM
Hi all, I´ve got this doubt, maybe as many of you, on wich is the best way to clean hedliners. Being there are quite a few types of them ( with w/out cushioning, stuck to a cardboard, stuck to the metal body, just thick lining...) I would appreciate a great deal ALL of your trick and experiences in this particular field. I think it´ll be a great help for all of us!
Thanks in advance!

Willy

Willy

Live a beautiful life, ride a beautiful car...
Re: Headliner Cleaning
February 20, 2002 09:27PM
i do alot of older cars for a used car dealer, all i usually do is use prestone interior cleaner and the brush it came with. it does not do any damage and it takes most obnoxious odors out.

good luck
mike at the shine shop
February 20, 2002 11:37PM
TUFF STUFF foam works well. Just be VERY careful how much fluid (water OR cleaner) you get on the headliners, some headliners will 'fall' if they get too wet. So a foam cleaner is your best bet.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 24, 2002 07:37PM
By the amount of answers up to now, I´d say no one has any problems with headliners... but then again if you have cleaned them or experienced with them... maybe you´ll have something to recommend or to advise? Once again, all comments are appreciated!

Willy

Live a beautiful life, ride a beautiful car...
February 24, 2002 11:07PM
I agree with Don on the foam being the way to go. I have been told by several people that more important than getting headliners wet is getting them dry. They have to dry cool or the heat and moisture will brake down the glue that holds up the headliner and cause sagging. Try to keep any moisture to a minimum and keep the vehicle indoors until dry.
Dan
February 27, 2002 02:48AM
Ron ketchams Omni all purpose cleaner sprayed onto a rag and dab and wipe away without any trouble or sagging. Good luck man
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login