Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Oil Dressing? tires????

Posted by turbomangt 
Oil Dressing? tires????
October 01, 2003 11:34AM
<HTML>REcently on the local cable channel I caught the end segment on a detailing show, this pro detailer was talking about how the best tire dressing you can ever use is motor oil? This is the first time I heard this, isn't that loaded with solvent, like the bad stuff??? anyone know about this? Gary</HTML>
Re: Oil Dressing? tires????
October 01, 2003 02:39PM
<HTML>Yikes!!! If anything, I would think that may cause environmental issues. I never liked the look of ultra slick and shiny tires. I go with the safest stuff I know, 303 Aerospace protectant.</HTML>
oli
October 01, 2003 04:27PM
<HTML>Yes I saw the same show. I used the oil as mentioned, it didn't produce the shiny look because I wiped it down, so that it had a nice fresh clean tire look. I posted here a question from the show about using the high speed polisher to apply wax.</HTML>
October 02, 2003 05:12AM
<HTML>Um, wouldn't oil eventually stain the tires? And wouldn't eventually damage the tire? I always thought that motor oil was erosive to rubber. I know if I get it on my hands and don't get it off soon enough, it'll irritate my skin!!!

Sounds like a pretty silly idea when there's so many superior products on the market specifically made for tires.

I would the think that Bud's advice that a product should be used for what it was intended for would definitely apply here. And motor oil isn't intended to shine tires!!!

Can you say "hack"??? lol!!

Rod</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login