Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pricing question

Posted by Rod Wesley 
Pricing question
October 04, 2003 03:59AM
<HTML>For those of you that do wetsanding to remove scratches in addition to other detailing services, do you charge by the hour or by the scratch to wetsand & buff a scratch? I'm assuming that if you're doing, say, an exterior detail plus removing or reducing several scratches that you charge seperately for each service.

I've seen it priced both ways, I just wondered if there was any advantage of one over the other.

Rod</HTML>
Re: Pricing question
October 09, 2003 10:53PM
<HTML>Personally? I charge by the hour, and will round it up to the nearest hour. It is time consuming and properly done requires a skill level worth charging for.</HTML>

&quot;Shhh...Da Doctor is Operatin!&quot;
Re: Pricing question
October 10, 2003 05:31AM
<HTML>Thanks DD. I was leaning that way. The shops in our area charge by the hour as well. The going rate being in the $30-35/hour range. Some shops won't even touch the deep scratches and will only do the light c/c variety. Because I have a paint background and ue several different t/u methods, I am able to handle the deep scratches as well.

Now, getting people to understand why it might cost them $70-$100 to get that nasty 3" scratch on their hood to look 80-90% better than it does now...that's the real trick. Of course, they're always welcome to have the hood repainted for $5-600. I won't stop 'em if it's total perfection they want.

Rod</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login