Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Washing/Drying Black Cars

Posted by Ron Waldon 
Washing/Drying Black Cars
October 05, 2003 03:13PM
<HTML>I have a 2003 black CTS that has developed a lot of fine scratches since I bought it new. I use a microfiber wash mitt with a quality shampoo to wash the car and a "big blue" microfiber towel to dry it. I keep the microfiber mitt and towel,as well as, the wash bucket clean. I try to work in a straight line direction,rather than circular......but I am still getting scratches. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ron</HTML>
Re: Washing/Drying Black Cars
October 06, 2003 07:57AM
<HTML>While Microfiber is great, the downside is it does grab and hold onto dirt. So once they get dropped on the floor or washed with any other towels or dirt, they will scratch--make sure they are clean and soft.

Also, rather than rubbing the car to dry it, try blotting it with the towel. I first dry my black IS300 (with no clear coat and soft paint) with a California Water Blade, then blow it off with a little electric leaf blower (great for side mirrors & all the little places water likes to hide) and finally blot what's left with a microfiber.

To see if your wash mit or towel is scratching the car, rub it across a blank recordable CD. Anything that scratches the CD will scratch your paint too.</HTML>
Re: Washing/Drying Black Cars
October 07, 2003 02:06AM
<HTML>Thanks Dave for the tips.....I particularly like the leaf blower idea.

Regards,

Ron</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login