Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dawn for Stripping Wax?

Posted by John Johnstone 
Dawn for Stripping Wax?
October 09, 2003 01:42AM
<HTML>is that okay to do? im going to apply a sealent to my paint but i still think i have some left over wax.</HTML>
Re: Dawn for Stripping Wax?
October 09, 2003 02:58AM
<HTML>John, I wouldnt use Concentrated Car Wash in my dishwasher , so why use dishwashing liquid to remove wax from a car. ?

3M make a General Purpose Adhesive Remover , and it also designed to remove, tar, waxes, and sealants safely from painted surfaces , Kent Automotive also make a similar product called Acrysol . Both of these products are designed for professional use, and are safe on clear coats, we have been using them for over a year with no problems .

3M Geneal Purpose Adhesive Remover is available from any local body shop supplier and runs about 10 bucks a can.

<a href="[products3.3m.com];
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner</a>

Jim.</HTML>
Re: Dawn for Stripping Wax?
October 09, 2003 10:49PM
<HTML>Leave the household cleaners in the house! You need to use a good body prep solvent such as Car Brite's Eradicator or All Sol to name just two. If you use a dishsoap, you've got to understand it's primary function if to degrease dishes, not remove accumulated coats of automotive wax, soap, grease, road film, etc. Yes Dishsoaps can remove wax over time, the only problem is they're not really good at it. Repeated washing with 'dawn' might eventually strip off the wax, but not very effectively. The problem with dishsoaps is they can damage the waxed finish which is normally not desireable after you spend all that effort to get it waxed in the first place. Over time you get a gradually dulling and while it appears the wax has all been removed, some will still remain. Take this bit of advice, Use high quality automotive products on automobiles. They're designed for Automotive use period!</HTML>

&quot;Shhh...Da Doctor is Operatin!&quot;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login