Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Experince vs. formal training

Posted by C.Rowe 
Experince vs. formal training
March 26, 2003 01:03AM
Hi people...
Found this great site and have got to take some input from you pros about launching.... venturing out in the detailing business.
I am 31 years old --in the insurance business ...and have never worked in a professional detailing shop. Me and my dad have always just worked on our own cars (he is in a restoration business -so he does have some know-how) But anyway --- what is your take on signing on with a training program.... could I get the knowledge needed by ordering some package -explaing all aspects of detailing?
Or do you think that i really need to travel out of state to some training place?
Hope I'm not making any of you roll your eyes at my lame ultimate novice question smiling smiley

Thanks in advance.
Re: Experince vs. formal training
March 26, 2003 05:47PM

C.Rowe

I wish that I could offer you more info on the formal training but I do not have any. I have learned all I know by the seat of my pants...LOL. However there are a lot of books and tapes that you can buy that could help. Maybe someone here can tell you the good ones from the so so ones.

I buy all my car cleaning products from P&S Products (link attached) they have classes that you can sign up depending on where you live. From what I have seen on classes, they teach you the process of cleaning (detailing). Shall I say the order that you should follow to achieve a good finished product. As a beginner this could be a valuable lesson, and save you a lot of heart ache.

I wish you luck in your endeavors.

[www.pssales.com]
Re: Info on any Book/Tape Programs????
March 26, 2003 11:44PM
Thank you for your reply David.

I would like to put that question out there though ----
Does anyone out there know of a good book/tape program that I can purchase????

Any input would be appreciated.
March 27, 2003 01:34AM
I haven't seen it myself but I hear the Meguiar's tape is a good one.

Doing what I love....and loving what I do
March 27, 2003 02:00AM
LOL I am not being told by ANYONE to suggestthis. I am doing this on MY OWN.

I happen to know the Detail Plus sell books and videos on the subject. I have no experience with the products I just happen to have seen them. I hope you find what you need.

www.detailplus.com

Good luck! smiling smiley

John
March 27, 2003 06:13AM
C. Rowe:

As John states we do have videos on setting up a business (10) and videos on the technical aspects of the business (8); plus a detailing manual.

Please feel free to contact for more information buda@detailplus.com

Regards
BA

buda
March 27, 2003 11:42PM
Hey Woody, where do you get the Meguiars tape? I have never seen it.

Thanks,
John
hey c rowe how ya doin where do you live ? i could help you if you live kinda close im in phoenix im self taught and very sucsessful w/ detailing i could help get you started if your close

jamesnash ultimatefinishdetail phx az
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login