Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Starting out?

Posted by Leon Blocksom 
Starting out?
July 01, 2003 06:43AM
<HTML>Ok, nice site guys! I guess you can find a good newsgroup for just about any niche these days. I found yours.

I'm considering starting a detailing business. I'm older now but I did it every weekend when I was young. Not that I can use a buffer but I remember enough to know that it was fun and it paid well. I also know of some people who do very well with the business. Most of them have shops.

I'll just ask a couple of questions right now so if you find the time to answer I appreciate it.

First can you point me in the right direction to research equipment and training. I came across a guy called the detail king who does training. Anybody have any experience with him?

And the big question...personally I like the idea of having a set location to work out of BUT I'm guessing I need to start part-time which probably means mobile. Although my hours at work don't start until 4pm which means I do have a lot of daytime hours. Is the cost pretty high to get set up at a location or should I plan on being mobile at first? I have a full-size truck. If you're wondering why I like the idea of a set location it's because I prefer to run it as a business rather than a one man show. To each his own though.

I'll be doing my due diligence starting at the SBA but I thought I'd go head and ask you guys for your input.

I look forward to your help,

Leon</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login