Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ATD shop polisher

Posted by Justin Markos 
ATD shop polisher
July 28, 2003 12:52AM
<HTML>okay I know this sounds dumb but I cant figure out what type of buffer it is. I got it for a hundred, and it has 6 speed controls. There is a 11 amp power rating with a top rpm of 3000. The guys at the store I go to for my supplies told me that this was a good one to start out with and that I should spend my money on more supplies than on the dewalt. I bought it b/c it offered many of the same features as the super high dollar ones at a fraction of the cost. It performs so well though that after compounding my friends 79 trans am it shined real well. And he just painted it with tractor paint! So I know the machine does the job its just what kind is it? If anyone has suggestion Id appreciate it. By the way they never told me at the place what it was, guess that was my stupidity for asking, and to complicate matters they sold out of them and dont plan to restock.</HTML>
Dan
Re: ATD shop polisher
July 28, 2003 02:59PM
<HTML>Does the head spin ONLY circular counter clockwise? If so, its a rotary polisher for correcting paint imperfections and removing color sanding scratches. An orbital or DA polisher spins around circular, but has a jiggling ass action so it wont create much heat for applying light polishes and wax. Good luck, this should clear up you confusion.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login