Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

$39 express detailing out of my garage at home $$$$$

$39 express detailing out of my garage at home $$$$$
November 22, 2003 12:42AM
<HTML>LOW OVERHEAD EXPENSES=LOWER PRICE FOR THE CUSTOMER=VALUE

GIVETHE CUSTOMER WHAT THEY WANT "QUALITY WORK AT LOW PRICE"

MOST NEWER VEHICALS JUST NEED A MAINTANCE DETAIL ON REG. BASIS

THATS THE KIND OF BUSINESS I WANT - LESS WORK FOR MORE MONEY!!

I ADVERTISE IN THE LOCAL PAPER A $39 HAND WASH & WAX PLUS SHAMPOO & CLEAN INTERIOR WITH FREE PICK-UP & DELIVERY (LOCAL AREA) BY APPT. ONLY COUPON SPECIAL I AVG. 5-10 NEW CUSTOMERS PER./WK. WITH GREAT WORD OF MOUTH REFERALS. ITS BEEN A FAST WAY TO BUILD-UP MY CUSTOMER BASE AGAIN! SO FAR SO GOOD! IT SEAMS TO BE WHAT THE AVG. CAR OWNER NEEDS & WANTS IN THIS AREA.

WHAT DOSE EVERYBODY THINK ABOUT THIS????

LOOKING FOWARD TO GET SOME COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
Re: $39 express detailing out of my garage at home $$$$$
November 22, 2003 12:53AM
<HTML>Wow, thats way too cheap. I charge 5 times that for the same service. Especially if you're going to pick up and drop off.

At that price, I'll let you detail my car hehe.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 22, 2003 02:05AM
<HTML>DONT FORGET THIS IS CENTRAL ILLINOIS, THE PRICE FOR ALL SERVICES IN ANY BUSINESS AROUND HERE IS ALOT LOWER THAN THE EAST COAST PRICES FOR THE SAME SERVICES, BECAUSE THE COST OF LIVING IS ALOT LOWER THAN EAST COAST OR ANY BIGGER CITY LIKE CHICAGO (3HRS.) SOUTH FROM MY LOCATION. NO ONE GETS $175-$250 FOR COMPLETE DETAILS AROUND HERE. ITS UNHEARD OF! THE AVG. RANGE IS $50-$100 DEPENDING ON SIZE &CONDITION FOR MOST LOCAL SHOPS IN THIS AREA.

THAT $39 PRICE IS FOR "EXPRESS DETAILING" NOT "COMPLETE"

DOSE NOT INCLUDE ROAD OIL REMOVAL- JUST A BASIC HAND WASH & WAX + SPOT CLEAN/SHAMPOO CARPETS DUST CLEAN DASH WIPE OUT DOOR JAMBS CLEAN WINDOWS THATS IT !! TAKES ME 1.5-2HRS. TO DO.

I CAN DO 4 PER./DAY IF NEEDED.... ADDS UP NICE $$$$

MY PICK-UP &DELIVERY AREA IS SMALL (MOSTLY 5-10 MIN./PER. PICK-UP & DEL.) MY CUSTOMERS LOVE IT-I MAKE IT AS EASY AS ORDERING A PIZZA FOR THEM. QUICK & EASY ONE CALL DOSE IT ALL

I WOULD RATHER DO CLEAN-WELL MAINTAINED NEWER CARS THAN A CAR THAT NEEDS ALOT OF WORK TO BRING BACK TO NEW... PEOPLE JUST WONT PAY WHAT ITS WORTH AROUND THIS AREA!!!

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
November 22, 2003 04:42PM
<HTML>Brian is correct you are loosing money at that price when you consider the time involved to do the work.

You keep saying your area of the country is different. If I had a dollar in my 35 years in this industry for everytime I heard someone say that I would have thousands of dollars in my bank account.

If that statement were true, then franchises would not be successful. Do you not have MacDonalds; Jiffy Lube; Midas Muffler; Precision Tune; Wendy's, etc in Central Illinois? They operate and price the same there as they do in LA; NYC; Portland, Oregon and Miami Florida.

You have assumed that price is the factor. That is not true.

You are chasing the wrong customer, what you want are the customers who recognize the value of the service; don't want to do it themselves; have the money to pay and want value and service. They will pay you far more money than what you are getting.

You need to dump your existing customer base and find one that is willing to pay a right price for value.

At $39.95 for a wash and wax and pickup and delivery if you were charging to your business all the legitimate expenses a business would incurr you would loose money on every job.

As I said give me a call. This is a situation that cannot be handled via internet.

Bud ABraham</HTML>

buda
November 23, 2003 03:42AM
<HTML>thanks for the suggestions bud!!! I will try to give you a call next week. do you have a web-site? check-out my previous location on my uncle jeffs web-site at MATTOONTRAILERSALES.COM click on AUTOSTAR it has pics of the 60ft drive-thru bay with 12ft. overhead doors. also has my old price list &services still posted plus lots of pics of my work!! just to give you an idea of where im coming from. this is one of the best locations in my town. we did R.V.s-trailers-boats plus autos as well. MY POINT IS WITH ALL THIS ,THIS LOCTION DID NOT PRODUCE ENOUGH BUSINESS FOR ME TO MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO JUSTIFY THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS THERE. SINCE 1999 IVE BEEN IN BUSINESS ... I STARTED OUT DOING CARS UNDER THE SHADETREE IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE, THEN I BUILT A CARPORT OFF THE BACK OF MY HOUSE. THEN I HAD A 2-BAY SHOP WITH OFFICE & WAITING AREA,IN A GOOD LOCATION OF TOWN. THEN WENT TO MY UNCLES NEW TRAILER DEALERSHIP LOCTION/BLDG. LAST YEAR. NOW BACK TO DOING IT OUT OF MY SINGLE-CAR GARAGE ATTACHED TO MY NEW DU-PLEX HOUSE I MOVED INTO THIS FALL. OUT OF ALL THESE LOCATIONS, I HAVE MADE THE MOST PROFIT(AFTER EXPENSES) OUT OF MY GARAGE AT HOME. IVE TRIED CHARGING HIGHER PRICES BEFORE IN THE PAST TO PAY FOR THE HIGH OVERHEAD EXPENSES IN OPERATING A REG. SHOP LOCATION
IT HAS NEVER PRODUCED ENOUGH BUSINESS TO SUPPORT THE SHOP & MY PERSONAL EXPENSES. LESS=MORE</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login