Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Country Club Gig

Posted by Scott Finney 
Country Club Gig
May 06, 2004 02:37AM
<HTML>I just got a contract to do carwashes at a upscale country club.I will be doing washes only on weekends(about 20 cars a day) and booking details for the week.
Does anybody have advice on how run this type of operation.</HTML>
Re: Country Club Gig
May 06, 2004 03:24AM
<HTML>Scott,

You have a good gig going on there and wish you the best of luck and the best time!

How much are you getting per car? You can do express details (wash, wet/spray wax, dress tires, windows, vacuum, wet wipe interior) in 30 minutes for $40-$50. This is a great opportunity to get those upscale clients people talk about.

Will you have help? Will the country club require you to collect waste water or are they hooked up with a sanitary system? I know that golf courses are under strict EPA regulations so maybe they have a set-up already in place that you can take advantage of.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
May 06, 2004 05:36AM
<HTML>Thanks Brian,
I have lined up 2 people to help.
I will be greeting guest and selling the service. I will charge 25.00 fo a basic wash and tire dress.It should take 15 to 20 min to the wash.
Thanks for the Quix wax idea. Iwill add that as a 15.00 up sell
They have a sanitary system i can use.

Im not sure how to process the cars as they come in.
the club doesn,t have a valet and members self park.
how can I track and retrive the cars to be washed and return them so the guest can find there car.</HTML>
May 06, 2004 05:43AM
<HTML>Hopefully, you are close enough where they can drive by on their way in and let you know. I am sure they want to park near the clubhouse entrance. If they can let you know, when you are ready, you just go and get the car and then return it. However, you should get insurance if you don't already have some.
Perhaps if you are friends with the staff, when the member checks in with the starter, the starter can get that info for you. Buy a set of $35 2-way walkie talkies (don't think they are called that anymore), and have the starter call you, "Mr. Smith is teeing off and wants a wash. His keys are here."

That way, the starter will ask EVERY member if they'd like a carwash. You may have to offer something to the starter, but I'm thinking washing his car should suffice. Also, I think that's a professional way of doing it. NOTE: Don't have your workers go in and out of the clubhouse looking wet or grubby. Make sure you are the one...wear dockers, nice shorts, collared shirts, etc. Tournaments? Sponsor a tee, or tee prize!

Just a few thoughts,
R Regan</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
May 06, 2004 05:52AM
<HTML>Thanks for the awsome info Robert!
I do have Insurance, liability and garage. the club wanted to verify this

At what point should I collect the funds.Before or after?</HTML>
May 06, 2004 05:57AM
<HTML>I know a guy who does Lake Sherwood...you've seen it on TV..Tiger's challenge or something like that. Anyway, he does Joe Pesci and Wayne Gretzky to name two. He always collects after the round. They usually pay much more than expected. He told me 5 yrs. ago that on some Saturdays, he'll do 800 in cash on washes only! These golfers are notorious for gambling ( I grew up in the golf world..junior golf, friend's dad worked on the tour, etc) Most likely, you will see better tips when they win. I'd suggest, if applicable, wiping down their clubs when done with a wet towel. Many clubs have caddies that do this to keep the clubs clean prior to the "junk" drying on the clubs. If you simply offer, they may decline, but will appreciate the level of service.

Thus, ask for the money after the round.

Rob</HTML>

&quot;Put your car in the Winner's Circle&quot;
WC Detailing Products
Cyclo, MF Towels, Clay, and more!
visit: www.winnerscircledetailingproducts.com
May 06, 2004 06:17AM
<HTML>Thats great inside info.Thanks so much Robert.
I spent a few years in fine dinning so i appreciate the service details as well.
As for Gambling Im in Reno.

I also picked up a tournament at another cource that host the Reno open.

Thanks Again.</HTML>
May 06, 2004 10:15AM
<HTML>I have been asked to do many clubs but have declined as i am at full capacity as it is. There,s a golf club every 5 minutes around here ... and i know most of the owners or have have took care of their horses years ago, like the trivia pursuit guys who built a course minutes from me.
Good money if you can get in....</HTML>
May 06, 2004 02:24PM
<HTML>Congrats, Scott! You have an excellent idea there! I have some pretigious golf courses and clubs around, so maybe I should start there...

I had an idea of a way to track cars. I'm sure you're familiar with the dealerships- they assign the car a number, then they put that number on the car and another on the set of keys; this way you cannot confuse them. You could maybe go as far as "reserving" parking spots also...

Anne</HTML>
May 06, 2004 02:43PM
<HTML>Thanks Anne,
I,ll pick up some 3\way valet tickets today. one for the guest,one for the car and one for the keys.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login