Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

About Detail City

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
About Detail City
October 20, 2003 05:43AM
<HTML>Well I have officially been banned fro Detail City. Why? Because Dwayne didn't appreciate me reponding to a thread from a user who needed help. I received an email from a response to a thread that I subscribed to that caught my interest and gladly replied. The person wanted to know what the difference between certain paste waxes were. I replied with an answer. Then I received another email to the thread from the same guy asking where to purchase this wax I talked about then I tried to reply. BANNED. I truly believe Dwayne doesnt want the truth to be told that professional detailing chemicals are more economical and probably better than his boutique advertisers. Is there a banner to Auto Magic on the site? NO. Is there a banner to STONER on the site? NO Is there a banner to any other "professional" line of detailing chemicals? NO! If trying to help out someone with a question (recommending a professional product I use) gets me banned then oh well. Dwayne doesn't deserve my professional advice.

So Bud, I guess my username and password won't be of any help!

This forum is the best forum I have ever participated in and look forward to using it as long as it's in existence. I believe we are truly helping each other on here.

And yes Dwayne, I thought I'd try Detail City out and help people in the Professional Detailing forum but thanks to you, the link you posted to buy Auto Magic products charges 70% more than I pay. Hmmm</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: About Detail City
October 20, 2003 08:11AM
<HTML>Exactly..., it's all about GREED at detail city. They will ban you if you speak the truth..., then lie about you, LOL!!!
I have read LOTS of posts about people being banned by pointing someone in the right direction..., by answering questions like..., who has the best price, what product works best, etc, etc....</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 20, 2003 08:39AM
<HTML>Wow, I was just over at Detail City and it looks like you were just being banned for running your mouth about the members and in the same conversation trying to give your password out to someone.

Here is the link I found the conversation on.

[www.detailcity.com]

Whoa! Looks like they are all over there celebrating now!

Tough break kid. Hope you learned your lesson.</HTML>
October 20, 2003 09:15AM
<HTML>@Yankee Fan

I'm sure he has learnt his lesson,
I think all of us here have lernt a lesson from this.

Dwanye can give any excuse he wants for banning Brian, but it's pretty obvious to me whats going on over there.</HTML>
October 20, 2003 09:44AM
<HTML>The only thing that is obvious to me is that the people on web-cars keep accusing people on Detail City of lies, greed, etc.... but have not shown any proof.

It seems that if someone on Detail City farts, in your eyes it is a conspiracy against you.

If someone over there sneezes, they have it out for your products.

I say get a life guys! If you get banned, take it like a man (unless your a girl).

Take resposibility for your actions.

Brian ran his mouth about Detail City and looks like he got called out. It's almost like as if he would have been polite and never ran his mouth he would not have been banned. That is the only obvious part that I see.

Go Yankees!

Yankees in 5! ( I hope )</HTML>
October 20, 2003 11:21AM
<HTML>

This really makes you mad doesn't it Yankee Fan?

And you tell us to get a life...</HTML>
October 20, 2003 12:00PM
<HTML>Who said anything about being mad?

I'm just calling it like I see it.</HTML>
October 20, 2003 12:14PM
<HTML>Me too,

I have no vested interest in any products, I only come here to get an unbiased opinion on American products, methods and business practices. Iv'e seen many message boards and forums and this is the only one I feel gives a balanced view of the field.

I never even heard of Detail City until people like you came over here grinding your axe, and swinging the 'banning axe', etc. But I HAVE heard of it now... so thanks for bringing the situation to my attention.

I call it like I see it. Dwayne comes across as a bit of a pillock. He is oversensitive, to quick to ban, and then he and his makes insist on having a gloat, all in all, he seems imature and defensive. Whats up with that?

There is something very wrong with that forum... and the more people like you come here to gloat about the bannings and hurl insults, the more this becomes obvious to all and sundry.

...and before anybody starts yelling "You don't know me, you can't judge me", I better let you know that that that will just remind me of the Jerry Springer show.</HTML>
October 20, 2003 01:03PM
<HTML>example:

(say its friday)You work for one employer, you appear to like your job. But then your employer gets wind that you really hate your job, and your telling anyone who would listen, and would be willing to give your keycode to whoever wants it. Employer says nothing, doesnt call you, after hearing all that he doesn't expect you back. you show up monday and act like nothing ever happened. what should he do. does he let you go if for nothing else other than degrading the very place you come back to every day. i think we all know the answer to that one.

good luck brian

eric
proud member of detail city</HTML>
October 20, 2003 01:26PM
<HTML>Since when has Brian been employed by detail city?

He is a consumer like the rest of us... even if you don't need to pay to get on these forums. Do you normally kick your customers out of the door if they are sceptical about your products and services?
... or do you convince them that they are wrong?</HTML>
October 20, 2003 02:57PM
<HTML>Hey brian didn't you said in another forum that your brother get products for you a discount rate at the toyota dealership. IF I AM WRONG SORRY IN ADVANCE</HTML>
October 20, 2003 03:12PM
<HTML>Gentlemen:

This is the type of conversation that damages a forum, when things get personal and are in no way related to the purpose of the forum.

I for one vote that we drop all conversation about the pros and cons of Detail City and this Dwayne person and stick to business.

How to improve our business in the field of cosmetic car care.

HOW MANY WILL ATTEND THE MOBILE TECH, TRIM AND DETAIL EXPO IN ORLANDO IN JANUARY???

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 20, 2003 06:46PM
<HTML>Yankee Fan, Elortt and Delon:

Please show me when I went over to Detail City and "ran my mouth." And if Detail City was so "elite" then why can anyone register and get a user name and password? Your buddy Dwayne is the one who came over here and copied the threads we wrote and posted them on DC. Looks like you guys need more topics over there since all you seems to do is bash out on the WebCars people. You guys made my point, belonging to the 90%. I stand corrected. The person I was trying to help belonged to the 10%, who really wanted help and needed information.

And Delon, my cousin is a distributor of Auto Magic but that doesn't mean I get them for free or "super cheap." For example, I get a 5 gallon container of Body Shine for $60 where retail it goes for $15 per gallon. Thats how much I paid before my cousin became the distributor.

Bud:
When in January is the expo? I think I'll be in West Palm then visiting my cousin. How far is West Palm from Orlando?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 20, 2003 08:42PM
<HTML>"Employer says nothing, doesnt call you, after hearing all that he doesn't expect you back. you show up monday and act like nothing ever happened. what should he do. does he let you go if for nothing else other than degrading the very place you come back to every day. i think we all know the answer to that one."

Elortt, I believe there was an episode on Seinfeld very similar to the scenario you described... winking smiley

Onthespot</HTML>
October 20, 2003 10:08PM
<HTML>Bud, wont be able to make it , bit too far for me to go . If it was somewhere near Chicago I'd go.

Jim</HTML>
October 21, 2003 03:40AM
<HTML>I'll be there Bud. Lookin forward to it. Well, I say I'll be there. I just decided (just then) to go...perhpas I should look into price and all. But since I lvie near by, if it is reasonable, I'm going.</HTML>
October 21, 2003 04:07AM
<HTML>Phil:

Where in Florida are you?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 21, 2003 03:11PM
<HTML>In the orlando area.</HTML>
October 22, 2003 05:09AM
<HTML>I am a user of Detail City, and other forums also that have a auto detailing theme, and I ALWAYS suggest to others that this product or that product can be used for this or that and have never been warned by Dwayne or any other Detail City moderator.

What many people do not understand is that Dwayne of Detail City, David of Autopia and others who have forums, do so at no charge to the registered members, like myself and hundreds of others. They offer e-mail services, tons of FREE advice and a place or community for other auto enthusiasts to chat and exchange ideas and techniques. They sell products, either their own label and/or act as distributors for others to make MONEY to allow the FREE forums to exsist. So I for one can understand how Dwayne, or others, get defensive about the products they offer for sale because that is their bread and butter.

Next time anyone wishes to sign up at a forum READ the forum rules and don't just by-pass them, remember we are the "guest" and must abide by the rules of the forum and if we disagree with them then we have the option to backout or accept them and abide by them.

Adios,
Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
October 22, 2003 05:59AM
<HTML>well put anthony. see ya at DC.

eric</HTML>
October 22, 2003 09:59AM
<HTML>Brian I am the guy who asked you about waxes. You were not banned because of your response to me. After you gave me some information Dwayne himself posted a thread giving me the website where i could purchase the afore mentioned product. if you're going to bash someone please do so with truths.</HTML>
October 22, 2003 10:38PM
<HTML>I'm with Elortt, well put Anthony. Sorry to see you get involved in this mess.</HTML>
October 22, 2003 11:35PM
<HTML>Anthony:

I saw your website, pretty nice. One thing though, I tried to see the larger images of the exotics but the page didn't exist. Might want to check that out.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 22, 2003 11:47PM
<HTML>Brian,

Hello and thanks for the kudos concerning my site. I am in the process of upgrading......rather redoing my whole website so some things may not work as I take things out and use them for the bigger and better site I hope to have up and running sometime next month.

I'll make sure I let you all know when the new one is ready.

Anthony</HTML>

October 23, 2003 03:44AM
<HTML>With all due respect, forums are just that, forums. The word comes to us from Rome. Look it up. The word means OPEN place of discussion. Whomever or who ever owns the forum still has no ethical right to ban anyone for speaking (or writing) what that person feels to be the truth. Legal rights maybe, but certainly not ethical. Since detailing is such a subject art form, it will have opinions ranging across the scale. Allowing those opinions is the very spine of the forum. If it is to be, in fact, a forum and not a comic strip, then it should have views from every possible angle. And, I hate to inform some of you, it is OUR very role as Americans to tolerate those opinions even when we dissagree. memebers of my family have died fighting for that very right...freedom of speach. And the last time I checked, more of my brothers and sisters die every day fighting for that right.
Computers have given us some wonderful things...but that have also givens two really horrible monsters; anonymity and the delet button. And worst of all, it has given us the ability to delet anonymously. As long as I can had behind my screen and shut YOU up then in my own little mind I have power. I tend to stay out of the arguments but this one goes to the very core of what our forefather were trying to get away from.

I am still not sure who runs this forum but so far, I have not seen anyone banned, a couple have left, maybe even a couple should, however, in the end things settle down and knowledge exchanges heads. THAT is what a forum is...again, go look it up.</HTML>
October 23, 2003 04:04AM
<HTML>First of all, people have been banned here.
Second, you're use of forum implies open AND public. Detai City and anyother forum is NOT public. You register to join and doing so requires you to read and abide by the owner's rules. HE OWNS THE WEBSITE. I just don't understand what is unclear to you. Parks are public, sidewalks are public, government buildings are public and you are free to speak your mind there. However your living room is not public so I MAY NOT enter your house and stand in your living room and speak my mind.

That said, Dwayne did not ban anyone for mere words. Dwayne owns a business which funds the operation and existence of Detail City. IT IS CLEARLY STATED in the rules you do not advertise or supply links to outside vendors WITHOUT PERMISSION. You have to ask first. Dwayne has allowed many folks to solicit at DC, they asked first. ALSO, you can say Platinum stinks or Diamond PLUS is better, you CANNOT offer to sell it or post a link to Bud's site. You post your opinion and somebody might email you asking where you got it. That's fine. If he makes exceptions, he loses power to enforce it in the future when it's a business advertising and not simply consumer enthusiasm. It's hard to draw a line, anyone who has run a business know what I'm talking about.

This issue is pretty clear cut, so please let's put this to bed once and for all and get back to what this forum is supposed to be about. DETAILING!</HTML>
October 23, 2003 04:38AM
<HTML>Sounds good, on with the detailing discussions...</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 23, 2003 05:00AM
<HTML>Robert H.....

Well said, thumbs up to the post!

You are also correct in that a forum is a place where one registers and they must abide by said rules of that forum and if not then why bother signing up?

Anthony</HTML>

October 23, 2003 07:56AM
<HTML>Just curious..., why are so many people banned from there?
I realize it is not "posted" and either automatic or through PM's.
BTW, I was not banned..., I leftsmiling smiley</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 23, 2003 10:39AM
<HTML>I have been lurking back and forth, it appears that Noah was in fact banned under the name windsor and I found some of his posts over there... but it appears that Wayne was deleted... there is no record of Wayne over there... so maybe not banned.... just deleted.....

Robert H. I disagree......For one, this recent banning and discussion in response to it had nothing to do with products or links to said products but the admin over there was very specific as to why he did what he did. It seems that the person who was banned was simply talking trash (something about high schoolers, hot rodders..... not the worst thing you can say, but still not nice) about DC members and offering to give his user name and password to a guy named Bud. He also said he wasn't coming back to Detail City. So he came back and his words were what did it. His very words were quoted when he was booted.

I checked out Detail City and it doesn't say that can't post links to other sites anywhere in the rules. It does say no free advertising and no links in your signature.... here is a copy of the rules I found over there.....

Forum Rules (08-15-2002 until 12-31-2010)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Detail City! We hope you enjoy your time here! In order to ensure that everybody has a good time, we have set up some ground rules. Try and stick to these and everybody will have a good experience. Arguing, slamming, bashing or profanity will not be tolerated at all and will result in immediate membership termination.

1. Signatures may contain links to professional detailing businesses but not to commercial websites that sell chemicals or detailing products. Signatures are not to be used as a place for product endorsements and are subject to edit by the Detail City team.

2. Signatures will be restricted to 3 lines of text only. No pictures in the signatures so we can preserve bandwidth.

3. Be polite to each other. We are all professionals here. At least act like one.

4. If you feel that you are being attacked let a moderator or the administrator know about it and the problem will be addressed ASAP.

5. Use common sense. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

6. NO ADVERTISING AT ALL UNLESS YOU OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THE ADMIN! BANNER SPACE IS AVAILABLE.

Detail City is here to be a place where people can share ideas about detailing. By posting here you agree to abide by these rules.

By posting on www.detailcity.com you also agree that administrators and moderators can at anytime ban or delete and remove users as they feel necessary at any time. Detail City is a private forum and governed as such. Members have no legal rights to use this forum at all and membership can be terminated at any time. All posts become sole property of Detail City.

Here are also a few rules specifically for vendors.

1. NO FREE ADVERTISING! Sponsorships are available in the forum of a "Featured Product Vendors" program.

2. Featured product vendors are not to discuss or mention their products in any forum other than their designated forum. Vendors please do not publicly or privately solicate members to visit designated forum.

3. Featured product vendors are especially not to post in DC's car care product duscussion and review forum. This is a place for totally unbiased and impartial members and vendors are not unbiased and impartial. These rules are set in place to keep membership like feeling that every post will be responded to with a sales pitch. Failure to honor these rules will result in the deletion of the vendor's forum and banning of vendor's account.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login