Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detail Retail Business Plan...

Posted by Brian Lupo 
Detail Retail Business Plan...
July 16, 2004 02:05PM
<HTML>I know some of you are very good at the whole business plan thing. I'm only 21 and I don't have a business degree yet (in school for one) but I've had GREAT success selling my detail trailers and packages and now I want to open up my own wholesale/retail location selling my trailers, equipment and supplies.

Would anyone be kind enough to post a business plan/questionaire? I know there are some floating around about detail work itself, but I was hoping to get a "sample plan" or a "fill-in-the-blank" plan on opening a store.

Thanks in advance!</HTML>
Re: Detail Retail Business Plan...
July 16, 2004 05:24PM
<HTML>BRIAN...not as easy as 'filling in the blanks" on a sample business plan....YOU must do the RESEARCH....on YOUR OWN....nobody can do that for you.

....we can help you,of course....BUT you must do the research on it & know about EVERY aspect of your product & services your TRYING to sell....to instill confidence in your customer...then they will trust you & buy from you.

YOU must become "the expert" in your customers eyes....AND gain their TRUST over time.....it's all about the customers perceptions of you & your biz...not always realality or the truth....try to sell them on "the conveinance" of it ,not just sell them detailing trailers & supplies.

Do the research.....that's the key to success in ANY biz,from my experience in operating many types of business so far in my life.ALWAYS be PREPARED...and know what to expect FIRST.....before you dive off the cliff !</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
Re: Detail Retail Business Plan...
July 16, 2004 06:33PM
<HTML>Good point. I realize nothing is "fill in the blanks". I've been tossing this idea around for quite some time and with every trailer customer asking me if I sell products, I'm at the point where I just can't see myself NOT selling them. I've already planned a marketing strategy aimed at 'less than knowledgable' do-it-yourselfers who refuse to get their car detailed by anyone but themselves, but at the same time are still using over the counter products and equipment.

Many many many people see me as an 'expert' in this field and come to me with all sorts of questions and advice. People have emailed me out of the blue and said "so and so said i should ask you what to do about _______"

I figure if I have a shop with a bay selling chemicals/trailers/equipment, then I could also detail a car in the free time when the shop isn't busy and kill two birds with one stone.</HTML>
<HTML>Brian Lupo,

Here are a few things to help get you started and keep you busy with your own Business Plan.

1- Identify the type of business, market and customers you intend to service.
2- Explain how you intend to service that market better than your competition.
3- Identify the nature of the service, the status of the business: start-up,
expansion of a going concern, take-over of an existing business.
4- Identify business form: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Corporation.
5- Identify why the business will be profitable, when the business will open, what hours of the day and days of the week the business will be operating.
6- Identify how the business will be affected by seasonal changes and how the daily operations will be adjusted accordingly.
7- Identify your business objectives and goals. Why you will be successful and what your experience is in this type of business.
8- Identify what will be unique about your business.
9- Identify who needs your service and why.
10- Define exactly who makes up your market, who your customers will be;
age, profession, income, etc.
11- Describe how your service will be sold and how you will attract and keep this market.
12- Describe your advertising and promotion plans.
13- Conduct a market research study.
14- List and describe the steps necessary to achieve your marketing goals and objectives.
15- Describe how you are going to price your service to make a fair profit and at the same time, be competitive.
16- Identify the price you anticipate getting for your service and how you arrived at that price.
17- Identify why you think the price is competitive and why someone would be willing to pay your price.
18- Identify how your prices compare to industry standards.
19- Describe what special advantages you offer that may justify a higher price.
20- List and describe your competitors.
21- Describe how your service will be better than the competition.
22- Research why their business is; steady, increasing or decreasing.
23- Describe the differences between your operation and the competition.
24- Describe the competitions strengths and weaknesses.
25- Describe how much you know about the competition and what you have
learned from their operation.
26- Identify how your business will fill a need created by the weaknesses
of the competition.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login