Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Car wash success?

Posted by turbomangt 
Car wash success?
October 21, 2003 02:03AM
<HTML>Well, for those that remembered, I had my assembly line car wash event today. (I can hardly walk) I hired a mobile pressure wash truck ($200 for 5 hours) paid two kids $50 each, and I made $500 clear. Not bad, but I would hesitate doing it again. We washed 65 cars, in less 5 hours, (with ½ hour lunch break) one guy ran the washer, two guys washed the cars, and I dried. Supplies, I only used a few dozen towels, (the waffle weave MF saved my butt) 2 gallons of soap, and a lot of blood sweat and tears. I wash not happy with the quality of the wash; I know that in this type of operation, it is the best that can be done. But I think I will stick to my reg. details, this was a learning experience.</HTML>
Re: Car wash success?
October 21, 2003 03:03AM
<HTML>If you made $500 out of a learning experience that I dont think you did too bad Gary !

Jim.</HTML>
October 21, 2003 03:08AM
<HTML>Good going. $500 for 5 hours work isn't bad at all. What do you mean your assembly line? I think I missed the conversation before.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 21, 2003 03:09AM
<HTML>Don't you just love those waffle microfibers? What color is yours...green?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 21, 2003 11:21AM
<HTML>Brain, It was a fund raising event at an elete Golf Club. The money people paid ($750 for one tee time) 70% went to charity. The company that put it together wanted to offer a car wash for those who are golfing. The budget was $800 for this. Since I detail members cars on occassion, they aksed me to do it. The cars were spaced in every other slot, (so we could work around the cars) We couldn't start till they tee'd off, (10.30 am) so that is what I call assembly line. we worked as a team, quickly and the best we could for the time allowed. I wish we had spot free water, that would of been a big help. p.s. My waffle weave MF towels are 25 x 36 color is Blue, I sell them on my web site for $20 . I sell them all over the world now, since I'm on several car forums.</HTML>
October 21, 2003 06:20PM
<HTML>Turbo,
I have a soft water system in my home and even though under normal pressure it does make a difference in spot-free, once I use it in my pressure washer all bets are off, it spots just as bad. It also casued some rust problems in my hose and it cleans for crap. I went back to using my unfiltered water, which, in florida is pretty hard. The cleaning properties at pressure arw worth it and since I have to dry any way, it really is just as easy....and fast.</HTML>
October 22, 2003 12:02AM
<HTML>Gary:

Where did all the water and soap go?

Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 22, 2003 12:23PM
<HTML>Same place water goes when it rains I guess.</HTML>
October 26, 2003 10:32PM
<HTML>WOULDNT SPOT FREE WATER COME FROM DI WATER NOT HARD OR SOFT WATER???</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
October 26, 2003 10:32PM
<HTML>WOULDNT SPOT FREE WATER COME FROM DI WATER NOT HARD OR SOFT WATER???</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login