Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hair!!!

Posted by Benoit Boudreau 
Hair!!!
August 09, 2004 10:17PM
<HTML>Good day to you all,
I'm sure this sbject has been covered before, but what is the best way to remove dog hair that are inbeded in carpet and seats.

Ben</HTML>
Re: Hair!!!
August 09, 2004 11:29PM
<HTML>A rubber brush... that is, a brush made of rubber.

Brush and vac at the same time. It's still pretty hard work but it gets the job done.</HTML>
August 10, 2004 02:44AM
<HTML>a dual head polisher with the shampooer brushes makes light work of it . Works great on leather too.</HTML>
August 10, 2004 02:55AM
<HTML>try some latex gloves........put them on and rake your gloved hands over the hair. It comes up fairly easy and can then be vacuumed.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
August 10, 2004 03:01AM
<HTML>The key is to brush and vacuum at the same time. I'll have to try that rubber brush idea too. That sounds good.</HTML>

August 10, 2004 03:18AM
<HTML>Dr smiths pet hair fantastic,simply the best vacuum brush i,ve ever used!
Removes pet hair,lint,dust dirt and dander from carpets and upholstery Dan is right go to a local horse supply shop and pick up a rubber brush the next best thing lol,you,ll be amazed at what detailing things you can pick up there</HTML>
Gus
August 10, 2004 12:47PM
<HTML>One key to using the rubber brush (which we have) is to create static electricity. Using that theory in mind it works fairly well. I also caught a commercial on TV for some new product by Arm and Hammer for pet hair removal on household carpets; was gunna pick up some of that and check it out. Might be worth a few bucks... never know.

Goose.</HTML>
August 10, 2004 12:54PM
<HTML>Latex gloves and the pet hair removal system from Top Of The Line are the only things you will need to remove 99% of any hair you may encounter. I've done vehicles that you could make king size comforters out of all the hair that came out. Another trick I learned was using the Turbo Nozzle attachment from Hoover on my vacuum.</HTML>
August 11, 2004 01:05AM
<HTML>Mark hook that turbo brush up to a xtractor with a couple of two stage motors ...WHO HOO!!!!Mine sounds like a jet taking off HA HA</HTML>
August 11, 2004 02:16PM
<HTML>We offer a special sponge block that takes pet hair off of automobile upholstery. I personally have found it to be quite effective as with two large German shephards who shed profusely in the summer months.

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
www.detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
August 12, 2004 12:26AM
<HTML>Want a really easy way to get the hair to release and be sucked up in the vaccum?

Most of the hair is held by a static charge generated by the types of artifical fabrics used in vehicles.

Buy a can of the cheapest aerosol "anti-static" spray you can find and mist the fabric or carpet, give it about a minute, then vac the fabric/carpet.

If some still remains, and doesn't it always, brush the area in "one way", aligning the fibers, remist and vac in the same direction.

It's gone!

Another way, but not quite as effective, is by a bottle of fabric softener that says "anti-static" on it, mix it about 20 to 1 and use it.

Not as effective as the aerosol, but does help.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
August 13, 2004 03:44AM
<HTML>Humm, so this "is a concept" that most did not consider?

Really expected to see some responses, either defending or questioning.

Guess it was a bit over most.

ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
August 13, 2004 12:08PM
<HTML>Thanks Grumpy! I'm definitely going to try your suggestion. Is the anti-static spray the kind someone uses for clothing?</HTML>
August 13, 2004 01:20PM
<HTML>Ah try doing that with a jetta carpet and see if if just comes out after spraying. The seats are easy just latex gloves, but the carpet no way They are the worst for hair entrapment i have done but then i charge 150 for a nasty pet hair interior alone and i do plenty of them

It all depends on the type of vehicle and the carpet ,upholstery that is in it.
Yesterday i did an 2003 infinity suv,coated in dog hair but came up so easy with the vacuum brush be(www.pethair.com) cause if the high quality carpet. I also use a steel crevice tool which i curved slightly and works great with ketchs method of getting hairs that are not driven in to some fabrics between the seats and tight spots u can,t get with the brush</HTML>
August 13, 2004 01:49PM
<HTML>At last! I tracked down the exact brush we use on the internet....
It's at the bottom of this page:-

[www.yellowtop.com]

It's great for hair, straw, christmas tree needles etc. its about 12" with a pointy end for hard to reach areas, It's bigger and stronger than ones designed for pets. Perfect.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login