Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A question on products

Posted by rabbi 
A question on products
October 22, 2003 10:16AM
<HTML> Hello everyone ! I'm new to car detailing to the extant that most of you a probably are. What are the brand names of carwashes(shampoos),swirl removers,polishes,glazes,waxes,sealants,tire and wheel cleaners,trim dressings and window cleanersthat you people use and recommend? I was a 2/3 times a year car waxer. Since I'm now the owner of 2 newer automobiles I'm interested in keeping them as nice looking as possible. I've been to a few other websites and I'm trying to find the best products for the best prices. Thank you in advance.</HTML>
Re: A question on products
October 28, 2003 02:40AM
<HTML>There was a discussion similar to this one earlier...You will find it under confused....Im not sure what your knowledge is on detailing and seem to be a do it yourselfer...Some things you asked about like glazes, swirl removers and polishes require some practice and equipment that is a bit expensive for a do it yourselfer.....I would find a supplier of professional grade products..They will be able to give you first hand instruction and advice on products and procedures.....Ultimatly I would say,, Give some serious consideration in having a good detailer maintain your cars. The suppliers will most likely know of a good detailer in your area. Hopefully that was some help to you...
take care</HTML>
October 28, 2003 03:16AM
<HTML>If you're looking to detail your own car and need things to pick up at the local auto parts store, here is the list:

Carwash Shampoo & Wash Mitt (Any gel formula will do - avoid powdered)
Chamois
Wheel & Tire Cleaner (Meguiars)
Bug & Tar remover (TARminator by Stoner is sold now at R&S Strauss)
Glass Cleaner (Invisible Glass by Stoner, is sold now at R&S Strauss)
Carpet & Upholstery foaming shampoo
Armor All (I hear this formula is now safe to use)
Meguiars Paint Cleaner
Meguiars Show Car Glaze
Meguiars Yellow Wax

Meguiars is basically the #1 retail car care supplies bought at auto parts stores.

This list is for the do it yourselfer but if you want real results, go to a professional.

Now, if you want to buy stuff online, check out:

www.automagic.com
www.detailingdirect.com
www.rightlook.com
www.detailplus.com
www.meguiars.com

Hope this helps!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 28, 2003 03:18AM
<HTML>Don't forget microfiber!!
Oh, and I'm sure you know which products i like.... winking smiley</HTML>
October 28, 2003 04:32AM
<HTML>Yes, you have to love the microfiber towels.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login