Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Air Movers

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Air Movers
October 23, 2003 04:51AM
<HTML>Does anyone know the MPH of the air movers on the market? I'm wondering if my Hoover Wet/Dry vac's detachable blower would do as good of a job as the air mover. The MPH for the blower is 275.

Any suggestions?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Air Movers
October 23, 2003 01:35PM
<HTML>Brian:

If you are going to do that you are better advised to turn on the heater of the car and let it run, it would do better than that.

The air movers we sell put out 2100 cubic feet of air per minute. Hope that answers the question.

Personally, I do not like air movers, I think evaporation is a less expensive way to dry an interior. Assuming that the detailer has not saturated the caprets/upholstery with more solution than is needed to get the proper level of cleaning.

Further, I try to keep a customer's car all day and have them pick it up at the end of the day. But if there is still some dampness I put on a plastic floor mat; plastic seat cover. Tell them when they get home to remove the plastic and crack the windows about 1.5" to allow dampness to evaporate.

They all excepted that, never one complaint. Reasonable people will accept a reasonable explanation. They understand there will be some dampness. The residential cleaners leave your house carpets wet and that is a bigger problem than wet carpets in a car and it is universally accepted.

While the air movers were invented for this industry I have NEVER had a carpet cleaner in my home or offices ever use such a device to speed dry my carpets.

But, if you want to use them I am more than happy to sell them.

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login