Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Removing Ink Pen Marks from Leather Interior?

Posted by Paul Apollonia 
Removing Ink Pen Marks from Leather Interior?
October 30, 2004 09:14PM
<HTML>Guys:

I thought this was asked before, but I can't seem to find the thread.

I recieived I call the other day from a high end limo company.

Their driver are leaving pen marks on the leather seats.

WHat is the best and safest way to remove the ink from the leather.

Thanks again.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Re: Removing Ink Pen Marks from Leather Interior?
October 31, 2004 01:33AM
<HTML>There is a product from Leathermaster which removes ink from leather BUT it is also very strong so caution must be used.

One detailer told me once that a ink pen eraser has worked for him in the past. I also believe that there is a "pen" instrument sold by some suppliers that is said to remove ink. I believe your chances are much greater if the leather is coated rather than analine leather when attempting to remove ink.

You can find the Leathermaster ink remover at www.topoftheline.com

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
October 31, 2004 02:53AM
<HTML>Paul, I have been doing interior repair for almost a year now. Have had limited success with denatured alcohol, and superior restoration's blue leather cleaner and a brush. MOST of the time, it is quicker for me to redye it, than risk stripping the dye. I have talked to a supplier(that I dont order from, but is very helpful), who states that all leather removal products will remove dye also. I havnt tried the pens on leather, but have on cloth, worked ok. Have also had limited success with a real light touch of a scotch brite pad and cleaner. Nice tip on the eraser Anthony!</HTML>
October 31, 2004 03:27AM
<HTML>Jason:

That is what scares me. I don't want to remove any clearcoat or dye from the leather</HTML>

October 31, 2004 11:26PM
<HTML>Have you tried hairspray,then a good leather cleaner/conditioner ...this is our method besides dye!</HTML>
November 01, 2004 07:58PM
<HTML>The alcohol in the hairspray is whats doing it. Ive heard a old schooler using wd40. I havnt tried that .</HTML>
November 02, 2004 02:30PM
<HTML>Paul:

You have not studied my website much lately. We have an ink removal pen that is effective and safe. It will remove ink from leather but not at all harm the paint coating on the leather.

As discussed, automotive leather is "coated or protected leather" meaning that it is analine leather with a paint on it for color and then a coating over the paint. They call it dye, but if you put the wrong chemical on it the color comes right off.

This is effective and safe guaranteed. Check it out at www.detailplus.com and click on Detailing Supplies & Chemicals and then under chemicals.

If you have questions contact me.

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
November 02, 2004 04:03PM
<HTML>Bud:

I could not remember who sold that tool!

Thanks I will check it out.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login