Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking for industry numbers and statistics

Posted by Mo 
Mo
Looking for industry numbers and statistics
November 18, 2004 10:23PM
<HTML>Hi Everyone,
I am a student at the University of Houston and as an assignment for a business course have to study a business and learn everything about that business as if I would want to go and start that business tomorrow. And the business that I have chosen is car wash.

I have been researching and studying the industry in the past couple of weeks. The biggest problem that I am faced with right now is that I can not find any statistics on for example:
-number of cars washed on a good day?
-amount of chemicals used per car and the average cost of that?
-what percentage of customers want just a cheap exterior wash compared to the percentage that buy additional services?
-at the end of the month what is the average invoice price?
-what percentage of the vehicles washed are small cars/trucks/SUVs, mid-size trucks/SUVs/Vans and Large trucks/SUVs?
I would truly appreciate it if someone could answer some of these questions of direct me to a site or publication that would obtain this type of info.
Thanks a lot,
No guts no glory!</HTML>
Re: Looking for industry numbers and statistics
November 19, 2004 03:05AM
<HTML>Try Professional Car Washing & Detailing Magazine. www.carwash.com. Good Luck!</HTML>
Re: Looking for industry numbers and statistics
November 19, 2004 02:53PM
<HTML>Contact Megan Carson at the International Carwash Association in Chicago, Illinois. This is the world headquarters for the only carwash association in the industry. They have all you need.

Also, the magazine suggested has a industry survey as well as another, Auto Laundry News in New Jersey.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login