Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

durrmaid

Posted by william gillaspie 
durrmaid
April 21, 2004 02:48AM
<HTML>I just recieved my Durrmaid from sunbelt usa,who I buy all my carpet cleaning chems and machinery from and this sucker gets hottt...my wife wanted something to use as a spotter for the kids and animals ..so I let her have my cold water spotter if I could order this as a back up for new shop....It needs 100 psi with that heat though in my opinion to really justify using it on really dirty seats and carpet...My rep said they had problems with the seal leaking between the two tanks,,,months ago anybody xperienced this yet.....Best part, mine is red as my shop colors will be HA HA also found the little circuit breaker button on bottom when it stopped working during my demo try....newbys keep this in mind if it stops working</HTML>
Re: durrmaid
April 22, 2004 02:46AM
<HTML>What's the price of the Durrmaid?</HTML>
April 22, 2004 11:32PM
<HTML>I got her for 539.oo because of a competiters price and they matched it....I also ordered 2 new domes for the old edge 2 extractor we have ,the ones that screw onto the fill and recovery tanks and they charged me 41.25,sounds high for 2 pieces of plastic....anybody replace there's on the EDGE 2 extractor yet and if so what did they cost.. They might have made up some price discount on these!!! Thanks William</HTML>
April 22, 2004 11:53PM
<HTML>Will,

Did you go through Rightlook.com?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 23, 2004 12:09AM
<HTML>Check out our Tuffy Jr, we will offer it to anyone on the forums for $539, normal price is $599.

It has a 60psi pump; 2 stage vacuum motor; and tank heater.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 24, 2004 02:33AM
<HTML>No Brian Sunbelt USA,in Raleigh NC...and Bud your deal is just as good but the reason I purchased there is Im on 30 days to pay plan...so I have 30 days to make it pay for itself...but since its a back up the only argument I can come up with is local tax wise!!!!!Good for the state HA hA</HTML>
April 24, 2004 12:08PM
<HTML>For a small unit with about the same specs, why not pick up the Tempo at almost 1/2 the price.

[www.steam-brite.com]

Or, for a small price increase you can REALLY upgrade to a Mytee light 8003 with almost 2x the performance!!
100 psi
137" lift
3 stage motor
3 gal. tank
etc, etc...

I have the Mytee 8003 and have checked the performance, it is rated at 137" lift, actual lift is 144", it is nice to purchase something and actually get a little more than the published specs for a changesmiling smiley

I added a heater unit and have never found a carpet in a vehicle it would not improve, not only much faster than the smaller unit, but much easier...,

As you know, time is moneysmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
April 24, 2004 01:36PM
<HTML>The tempo dosnt have 200 degree heat...I have a Spot PRO that dosnt have heat for outside work if needed....They have some great deals.....for sure thou...will keep for future referance .thanks Wayne</HTML>
April 24, 2004 03:02PM
<HTML>I opted for an "outboard" heater instead of a built in unit..., just "incase" the heater goes out, I can still use the extractor and attatchments..., So I would not be "stranded" if something happened to itsmiling smiley

For interior, the Mytee is by far the best investment I have made, more psi, more lift and power for such a small amount of "extra" investment, 2x the power, plus a VERY well known brand with great customer supportsmiling smiley

Glad to help out Williamsmiling smiley</HTML>

&quot;The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.&quot;

www.waynestowels.com
April 24, 2004 06:32PM
<HTML>While we offer a similiar unit to the Durrmaid, I only recommend it for mobile detailers who do not want a large machine and do not want to spend much money, but want something better than a Bissel.

The Tuffy is a 3 gallon unit with more features and large capacity tank for $895.

The best value is the Python at $1099 with a 6 gallon tank; dual 600 watt in line heaters; 3 stage vacuum motor and 100 psi pump and stainless steel nozzle.

Check out our offerings in this area www.detailplus.com. As members of the forum you can call me and "discuss."

Bud A</HTML>

buda
April 24, 2004 06:55PM
<HTML>I agree...,
A brush and a vacuum is better than a Bissel, LOL!!

I would recommend as a minimum, a 2,000 watt heater.
As you know, even at 2,000 watts it will loose heat when running as I have tested the heaters when in use..., IMO, 2,000 watts would be the smallest heater I would recommend for interiors.

If you look around, you can get the Mytee 8003 I mentioned earlier for just under $599, 3 gallon tanks, hose, stainless steel wand, (you do not want a plastic wand if you are using a heater..., well..., a heater that will push out 170+ degrees as it will not last like a stainless steel wand will)

Or if you need something bigger, there is always the larger machines and you can find them at very reasonable prices.

Feel free to email me to help you find a "deal" smiling smiley</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
April 25, 2004 12:26AM
<HTML>I have a Ninga and a Edge 2 , and a" Galaxy ..I know cheap piece of crap."..but I need back ups for when my biggest account across the street has a quicky carpet clean or stain in a seat on the spur of the moment and all my bays are full...I call the Durrmaid and Spot Pro back ups but actually there for the convienance of running across street.HA HA</HTML>
April 25, 2004 12:57AM
<HTML>What web site can i view the Mytee 8003.</HTML>
May 18, 2004 04:35AM
<HTML>So for small heated portables my choices are????

Durr Maid S2h-200 $539

Tuffy Jr. $599 ($539)

Aztec Hot Spotter ($599) [www.aztecproducts.com]

Mytee Tempo (Not Heated?)

I know everyone says upgrade to something bigger, but I have a limited budget and need to start somewhere.</HTML>

David
May 18, 2004 06:40AM
<HTML>I am getting a 2500 w generator (Honda), but have a 20 amp extractor that needs more juice. Is there a good (hot) extractor for mobile detailing that can work of that much power?

Thanks, R Regan</HTML>
May 19, 2004 01:51AM
<HTML>David,

The 1.5 gal spotter/extractors are perfecly fine and will do a great job.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

May 19, 2004 04:49AM
<HTML>Thanks Brian!</HTML>

David
May 19, 2004 05:20AM
<HTML>You're welcome.

If I had to pick, I'd go with the Tuffy Jr. DurrMaid is good, don't get me wrong but from what I hear they had problems with their seals leaking.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

May 30, 2004 01:49AM
<HTML>Thought you guys thinking about Derrmaid would be interested in this link...

[www.autopia.org];

www.waynestowels.com
June 02, 2004 03:31AM
<HTML>Thats a grat price! How large is the heated tank? Where can I go to research this product? Thanks alot for your help!!!</HTML>
November 18, 2004 01:22PM
<HTML>I need to get a spotter/extractor .... since it has been a few months since there have been any posts on this subject

... anyone having buyers remorse?

...have additional comments about these units?

... noticed any other deals on the mentioned units?

I would like to order one very soon... so, be kind and post!</HTML>
November 19, 2004 03:41AM
<HTML>What can anyone tell me about the Powr-Flite? www.powr-flite.com</HTML>
November 20, 2004 02:41PM
<HTML>THis thread may be going on for too longsmiling smiley I wanted to address Robert Regan's question: I am a mobile guy and I use the Mytee Lite this thing will work and only requires 1000W and 15 amp most generator's will handle that. I got my through Detail King they are way expensive I found that I could have gotten it through my local Auto Armor distributor for much less and they carry replacementr parts.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
November 21, 2004 02:00PM
<HTML>Yea.. I was actually going to buy this on Friday. I was really set on it...

Even after reading some of the very negative posts...

Found the best deal was $539.00 shipped. This was an internet deal.

Since I never saw the Durrmaid before...figured I would check it and others out locally.

Called my local distributor's salesrep by accident. According to her... they had it for $499.99... (yea.... forty dollars cheaper than I found it on the internet..even with shipping included). She mentioned nothing about quality.
However, since she was busy and said I would need to pick it up at the warehouse.

Called the warehouse. I was told by the manager that they had "issues" with this particular unit and they had discountinued selling. He did not offer any other unit, so he was not switching...

Guess I will hold off on the purchase of this unit...atleast untill I find one for overy little outlay and won't mind tossing it when not up to standards.

Funny how this buyer's remorse has set in.... and I don't even have this unit.

Well... I am off to the janitorial supply houses tommorow. need to get an edgumication.</HTML>
Dan
November 22, 2004 02:46AM
<HTML>Wayne, I have the same exact extractor as you, I figured Id get the high power without the heat, but now Im rethinking the heat. What heater did you buy for yours? Those mytee external heaters are pricey.</HTML>
November 30, 2004 12:33AM
<HTML>It is a 210 degree heater, outboard.
I custom mounted it to the unit and use it all as one piece.
Heat will make a HUGE difference in cleaning power!!</HTML>

www.waynestowels.com
December 05, 2004 01:58AM
<HTML>The duramaid started leaking around the seals after 2 months...beware there is a defect somewhere in them seals..!!!!!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login