Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fragrance - What have you been using?

Posted by netlag 
Fragrance - What have you been using?
December 08, 2004 05:13AM
<HTML>Ran out of fragrance the other day... so it's stock up time.

Been reading that most enjoy just using the economy sized Febreeze from WallyWord.

Also, found that others opt for a home brew of Water, Vinegar, and some smelly (fragrant) essential oil (whatever comes in those little jars from the flea market).

Even further... found that Ozium has been a staple for others.

In anycase... Homebrew aside... was looking toward the febreze or ozium route.

Problem is... during my cost effectiveness research... noticed that P&G was now offering a febreze concentrate and also what seemed to be a PRO line.

Also in my research... found a cheap deal on ozium 14.5 cans. $6.99 each with free shipping if I by eight. (my cleaning distributor quoted me 9.32)

I like the ozium idea because of the spraying action, but without the soaking that would come from febreeze.

Anyways... Since febreze and ozium are both available @ retail and since febreze apparently now comes in pro version (better?) ... just figured to get some feedback before the buy.

So... what have been using? What have been the client's replies to the use of?

thanks.</HTML>
Re: Fragrance - What have you been using?
December 08, 2004 01:24PM
<HTML>Taco Bell!

smiling smiley</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
December 08, 2004 08:46PM
<HTML>We've been using "Wonder Wafers" from Arabesque since summer and I love 'em! The "Clean Car" is especially pleasant. I bought "Leather" for obvious reasons and "April Fresh" and "Vanilla". The April Fresh is OK, the Vanilla is a little strong for my taste.

If you buy them in bulk (250 chips per container) it comes out to 6-7 cents per chip. One chip is all ya need for an interior. They're supposed to stay smelly for 3-4 days.

I like 'em because there's no mixing, spraying, drying, etc. One chip under the driver's seat and you're done. Also good for cost control, ya never really know how much you're spraying from one car to the next.

The factory direct phone number is 800-826-6338 and the web site is www.arabesquefragrances.com. They'll send ya a catalog and a couple of samples if ya ask nicely.

Steve
The Shine Shop
Jasper, Indiana</HTML>
December 08, 2004 08:49PM
<HTML>I've been using Micro Magic Odor Eliminator. I buy it by the quart for $20 and it makes 5 gallons. I really like the smell. Not to strong and smells different than your typical fragrance. Go to www.MactecLLC.com. if you want to check it out.</HTML>
Dan
December 09, 2004 03:56AM
<HTML>Ive just been cleaning the hell out of the inside of cars so that there is no smell. No really, I dont use fragrance, i guess I should be looking for one!</HTML>
December 09, 2004 01:40PM
<HTML>always good to have some sort of fragrance...especially since your competition does.</HTML>
December 10, 2004 01:50AM
<HTML>I use Lysol after a good cleaning of the interior.</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
December 11, 2004 12:20AM
<HTML>Try hiding a couple of bounce fabric softners /dryer sheets as most would know it....under each seat crevice...clean fresh smell for a long time and doesnt overwhelm the customer...Been doing this for 2 years and customers give me a fit to buy some of the smell to go in there car later on... I just tell them its the dry cleaning solution we use with the xtractor or steamer and not a spray or something I can give them!</HTML>
December 11, 2004 03:02AM
<HTML>Lysol warning...may cause eye irritation... avoid contact with eyes and skin.Avoid breathing of spray or mist.....Active ingrediants all end in ammonium chloride and other ingrediants not specified at 60 percent ...Be careful; of this product in an enclosed cock pit...</HTML>
December 11, 2004 03:11AM
<HTML>I have never used any kind of Fragrance.

99.9% of my customer don't want any Fragrance.

You would be suprised how many people have allergic reactions to these scents.

I don't need any lawsuits.

If needed I do use a unscented Ordor Terminator for smoke and such.

Just my two cents.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
December 11, 2004 02:41PM
<HTML>When you say fragrance are you speaking of a masking agent or a odor eliminator. There is a difference.

What we have always done, and advise our customers to do is find a good water-based or oil-based "fresh" smelling fragrance (masking agent) to put in the car after a detail to give it a temporary "nice" smell.

It must be something neutral and not particularly identifable such as strawberry; orange; cherry; musk, etc. because many do not like a fragrance smell in their cars.

We often use new car smell or something called "Spring fresh."

The customers seem to like it without realizing it is a fragrance. More that "boy my car sure smells clean."

Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
buda@detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
December 12, 2004 03:07AM
<HTML>Melissa G.

Haven't had a problem with Lysol in the past 3years as far as customers complaing to be frank a health inspector gave me the idea about the Lysol and it spray 30 minutes before the customers arrive.

BUT THANKS FOR THE WARNING</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
December 14, 2004 02:27AM
<HTML>Auto Armor makes a great fragrance that is simply called Fresh Scent the stuff costs about $8.00 a gallon and can be slightly diluted. This stuff leaves a clean non flowery smell.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login