Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Microfiber Seconds

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Microfiber Seconds
October 25, 2003 01:28AM
<HTML>Has anyone ever used microfiber seconds? I heard that these are just factory overruns. And also, once you use then wash a towel, isn't it a second? Fine with me to buy and use.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Microfiber Seconds
October 25, 2003 01:37AM
<HTML>Where have you seen them? www.? Thanks</HTML>
October 25, 2003 03:45AM
<HTML>They're at: www.microfibertech.com

Right there on the home page is a "Ultra Microfiber seconds"

I picked up a 30 pack of 12x12s for $39.00. I dealt with this company last year and got brand new ones but they were more expensive. Just wondering if anyone used the seconds.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 25, 2003 04:02AM
<HTML>For the record we sell 16 X 16 firsts for about the same price. If you want 12 x 12 we can do better. Let me know

Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 25, 2003 06:02PM
<HTML>Has anyone tried "DR" joe Gartland?
He sells MF towels, supposedly for .39ea
wondering how they compare...</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 25, 2003 06:18PM
<HTML>Are you sure about the price? What is the size? That price of $.39 is much, much, much less than I pay as a direct importer from China.

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
October 25, 2003 07:07PM
<HTML>Not sure..., thats why I was asking. On the cover of the Carwashing Mag he has a flyer attatched and advertises in the back and throughout.

Just thought I would ask. If nothing else..., they would be good for tires and wheels.

I am VERY picky about what I use on the finish..., towels, polishes, sealants, waxes, etc, etc.</HTML>

October 25, 2003 08:14PM
<HTML>Noah:

From what I recall the $.39 cent ones are terry cloth. I wonder how much he paid for that wrap around advertisement...Pretty good idea.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 25, 2003 08:36PM
<HTML>Good idea but..., $$$$$</HTML>

October 25, 2003 10:03PM
<HTML>Brian:

That is what I would think you can get terry seconds for 39 cents. I will meet most prices are micro fibers just let me know the quantity; size and price.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 12:35AM
<HTML>Check out Wal-Mart...,
They have 70/30 microfiber 14x14(aprox)towels for less than $1 each!!!
They are in the "detailing section".</HTML>

October 26, 2003 03:24AM
<HTML>Bud:

Will do. I buy microfibers like I buy gas. You can never have too many. Plus they last forever too (well at least several hundred washes.)

Noah:

You want 80% Polyester and 20% Polyamide.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 26, 2003 03:33AM
<HTML>Brian,
Why?</HTML>

October 26, 2003 03:52AM
<HTML>Has something to do with the split in fibers where with the higher percentage you have more "hook" in the weaving and more fibers per square inch. I believe it's 90,000 fibers per square inch.

What is your 70/30 ratio? Polyester and Polyamide?
Or cotton?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 26, 2003 07:25AM
<HTML>They say the more polyamide you have the better the towel. But either 80/20 or 70/30 will work just as well.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 12:19PM
<HTML>Brian,
Blend ratio has nothing to do with if the fibers are split of not.

More fibers PSI also has nothing to do with blend.

The Wal-Mart towels are 70% polyester and 30% Polymide.
70% Polyester (scrubbing and cleaning fibers) and 30% Polyamide (nylon by product - the absorbing and quick drying fibers).

Just curious what would make the 80/20 towels better?</HTML>

October 26, 2003 01:36PM
<HTML>You could argue that the 30% makes them more absorbent, so I am told.

Regards
BUDA</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 03:21PM
<HTML>You are correct about "arguing", however, in my experience, I have not noticed a substancial difference in performance between blends of the same quality.

A car with 325HP "should, on paper", go faster than a car with 300HP..., but that is not the only thing to consider..., as with ANY product, "on paper" you can make it look like a "performer", but the real test in in the detailing bay...</HTML>

October 26, 2003 04:44PM
<HTML>In my opinion, a ver astute comment about which is better. That was my point a few postings ago about how much time is wasted talking about the technical aspects of detailing when the KEY is the business of detailing.

There is not enough conversation among detailers about how to operate a profitable business.

Way too much time on chemicals; supplies and equipment, again in my humble opinion.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 26, 2003 06:00PM
<HTML>Bud,
Again..., gotta agree!
If product A performs 100% and product B performs 98%..., I don't believe ANYONE would be able to tell the difference in performance without expensive testing equipment.
At that point..., what would "really" be the point anyhow?

I think too many times people are caught up in..., like you said, chemicals, equipment, etc, etc...,
When in fact, most of the performance is in the application technique.
(I realize this is a "blanket statement", but I am speaking of using quality products, not a $200 buffer vs. a $15 buffer at a flea market and old worn pad).

If we all used quality products, liked the performance, easy to apply, work, remove..., then the main focus should be on technique and..., as you said, the business sidesmiling smiley</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login