Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best Chip Paint Repair System!

Posted by Eric Brandenburg 
Best Chip Paint Repair System!
December 29, 2004 12:36AM
<HTML>Guys would you please give me some insight on who has the best Chipped Paint Repair system. I would like to know all of the Pro's and Con's,of who you guys would recommend,and why!
I did some home work on the subject, but not much. Seems like there a lot of BSer's selling their wears out there. I thought it was bad while looking for products and equipment to work on aluminum truck and trailers.
Grumpie was very helpful getting me looking in the right places.
I've been getting a lot of requests from my customers on doing this as an extra. Man you can't believe how chipped these Big Rigs can get,or maybe you can! Its a helluva lot worse than cars/suvs/small trucks.
Majority of the owners can't tie their rigs up for 3-4 extra days to snnd and repaint,so moving off of a customers suggestion,I thought I would look into the idea. Once again Guys all the help you give is very much appreciated well in advance....................... Brandy !</HTML>
Re: Best Chip Paint Repair System!
December 29, 2004 01:04AM
<HTML>Brandy:

I bought the paintbull chipmaster system at the beginning of 2004.

I like it alot and the support and training are out of this world.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
December 29, 2004 02:48AM
<HTML>Paul, where is their school North Carolina or Michigan. I hope its near your "Neck of the Woods". I'll probably call them tomorrow,so I can get perticulars. Thanks for the heads up Paul, I hope that your business is doing good now! We had Christmas at my sons house at Columbus Georgia,as his SF Unit is getting ready to leave for places unknown. I asked Lisa if she'd seen or heard from you, and she says you haven't been in for awhile.................................... Brandy!</HTML>
December 29, 2004 04:01AM
<HTML>I did not want to go to Michigan for training.

So I trained with Tim Vierheller Mobile # 252.885.6308 . He lives around Kinston NC. So I went down there for a day here and a day there and he showed me everything I needed to know.

Tim is a hell of guy and very helpful.</HTML>

December 29, 2004 04:20AM
<HTML>I went to Paint Bull, yeah Michigan is not the most glamorous place but you will have alot of fun (the beer in the hotel resaurant is cheap!) and learn a ton of new things. Thier squeege system is a snap to learn and looks great. And the service is great both before and after the sale, they will make all your flight arraingments and have a shuttle service to get you to the Sheraton to and from class everyday.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
January 16, 2005 06:40AM
<HTML>What is the price for the Paint Bull system including the training in Michigan ?

Thanks.</HTML>

Like New Auto Detailing LLC
www.likenewautos.net
January 16, 2005 11:16AM
<HTML>It ranges from 9995.00-11,000 USD. It initially seemed like a lot of money but this includes hotel, airfare, extensive training and equipment. I started paint repairs the day after i got home from training. PaintBull gives you EVERy peice of equipment to get you started.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
January 16, 2005 03:23PM
<HTML>Dean Laumbach :

The best way to get a correct price is to call Paintbull.

They do have a system that is much cheaper (Just for PaintChip Repair)

It is called ChipMaster System.

I bought mine back in March 2004.

Very nice system all paint codes are on a palm for easy access. No Microfich.
I did not go to MI for training,
There is a paintbull rep in NC, I went to him for one day.

They match very well. I did a bmw m5 and the paintbull matched better then the touchup the guy got from the dealership.</HTML>

January 16, 2005 07:03PM
<HTML>Thanks Keith & Paul...

Do you sell this service directly to private customers, or is this service more limited to dealership work. I work in Manhattan NYC and you would not believe how many 02, 03, and 04 $50 to $100k car bumpers are scuffed and chipped and gouged to the point it hurts your eyes !!! When i detail dealership cars I can just about immediately point out NYC cars from about 50 feet !!!</HTML>

Like New Auto Detailing LLC
www.likenewautos.net
January 16, 2005 10:40PM
<HTML>Dean Laumbach :

Well I can only repair Paint Chips.

I use it as a upsale on retail, dealers are hard to get into if you just offer paint chip repair and not bumper repair and all the other paint repair services.
At least that has been my experience with dealers.</HTML>

January 17, 2005 02:33AM
<HTML>Paul,

For the last 6 months, due to our OEM relationship of years, with PPG, we are presently working on a "chip repair" system.

This week, we are showing it to our Export distributors, who have flown in from around the globe.

We want their input on this system.

Before we get their take on it, we will go no further, but if they like what they see, we will go further and bring our North American people into the loop.

The main problem with most, if not all, of the systems out there, is the "durability" of the clearcoat.

Many reasons for failure of the clear within a few months of the repair.

For dealerships, not a problem, but for retail work, with "repeat customers", it can be a big negative if the clear fails in a few months.

Just a head's up.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
January 17, 2005 02:47AM
<HTML>Ron:

Thanks for the heads up.</HTML>

January 17, 2005 06:59AM
<HTML>I sell to both retail and dealerships. Iuse it both as an upsell or stand alone service. Unlike detailing for dealerships paint reapir of anykind is more profitable and quicker.</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Dan
January 18, 2005 03:12PM
<HTML>Paul,
I have been looking into paint bull as well. Have you noticed anything like what Ron said about the clear adhesion? Kind of scares me, since I will only be offering my services to repeat detailing customers. I cant imagine that happening since so many people seem to love the paint bull system.</HTML>
January 19, 2005 02:38AM
<HTML>Dan:

Most of the vehicles I have done I have never seen again.

I am really able to upsell the service when I do what I call a Resale Detail.
That is when I detail someones vehicle prior to them putting up for sale.</HTML>

Dan
January 21, 2005 03:01AM
<HTML>Thanks Paul!</HTML>
January 22, 2005 07:00AM
<HTML>If I may, we also offer a PAINT TOUCHUP System that is an exact duplicate of the PAINT BULL SYSTEM, and in fact, offers several features not found in their system.

The cost is only $4995 with heavy-duty, powder-coated cabinet.

We use paint by Azko-Sikkens, a top European company.

See it at www.detailplus.com and click on Paint Touchup System.

Comes with a FREE windshield chip/crack repair system also.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS
buda@detailplus.com</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login