Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

REMOVING ROAD PAINT

Posted by Tim Pappas 
REMOVING ROAD PAINT
February 07, 2005 08:25PM
<HTML>Hello All:

I posted this awhile back, but i think it might have gotten overlooked. I am still looking for some other input on this subject. Thanks, here is my previous post. Im sure that you have all encountered the car that drove behind the road painting truck and made sure to hit both the yellow and white fresh paint lines on the way down. My question is to all of you. What are the best methods to remove this caked on paint in the wheel wells. What products have you found that work well. I have been using my solvent based bug and tar remover, which softens it well, there are remnants. I strive for perfection 110% of the time, and this really gets to me, as im sure it does to you. Any tips and products you guys have found impressive i would appreciate your input. Thanks!

Tim</HTML>
Re: REMOVING ROAD PAINT
February 09, 2005 09:20PM
<HTML>Just not one simply way to get rid of yellow road paint...My favorite method is to use my portable steamer to weaken the paint then use a plastic razer blade type device to pop off,then use a all purpose adhesive remover to get the reminance ...Fender welds use a heatgun to soften then a solvent type cleaner like laquer thinner works real fast"Use caution when useing this combo....I also use a 2000psi Hot/Steam preasure washer to remove paint fom under the chassis and welds if there is a ton of paint.Always go back on the paint and reapply a protectant .....</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login