Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Workers Compensation Insurance

Posted by Bud Abraham 
Workers Compensation Insurance
March 26, 2005 10:45PM
<HTML>One of the things you mobile detailers might consider is to join the Association of (State Name) Businesses in your State.

This is a group of businesses in every State that look out for the interests of small businesses in the State.

They usually have a group plan for Workers Comp Insurance that will allow a small business to get the same rates as a larger company.

I would check this option out. It was something my friend who was in the Workers Comp insurance field for 25 years passed on when he gave the presentation at one of our DETAIL PLUS Seminars.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Re: Workers Compensation Insurance
March 27, 2005 12:34AM
<HTML>Excellent advice Bud.

Here is what I found --

[www.caib.net] - Californias Association of Independent Business

Workers comp info is right on the front page ---

Workers' Comp

Issue: Workers’ compensation costs are still out of control. Workers’ comp premiums have doubled and tripled over the past three years. The recently reported rate reductions don’t even begin to correct for the massive rate hikes. Furthermore, most small business people haven’t seen any reductions at all.

News Links:

Workers' comp rates drop

Workers' comp deal leaves some uneasy

Workers' comp letdown

The Loud and Clear Crisis of Workers’ Comp

System on the Brink

Small firms say workers' comp is huge burden

Read SB 899, the recently passed workers' comp reform bill.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
March 27, 2005 12:41AM
<HTML>Jose:

A perfect example of why you are a successful businessman. You listen to suggestion and then do your own work and find your own answers.

Let me know if you join and are able to get some relief on your Workers Comp Insurance.

Who knows, maybe you can be "the" detailer who gives detailing some legitimacy in California by joining this association of busineses. Keep me informed.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
March 27, 2005 12:50AM
<HTML>I already joined up. I have yet to find a deal on workers comp yet. I will get an info. packet in the mail soon, maybe that might have something.</HTML>

March 27, 2005 07:07AM
<HTML>We Lease our staff...even myself and that has helped a ton! Employee leasing is something that anyone with staff should look into. We have 2-6 staff members at each shop and each shop is treated seperate so you do not need to be a large organization to lease your staff and its worked great for us.</HTML>

Renny Doyle
Attention To Details
Aircraft &amp; Auto Detailing
www.detailingsuccess.com
Proud Detailers of Air Force One!
PDTA Member
March 27, 2005 05:38PM
<HTML>Leased? From a company such as labor reaqdy?

I used up to 10 from labor ready to decon and wax 33 school buses once.</HTML>

March 28, 2005 06:17AM
<HTML>No...its not a temp service...they group us into large networks and all services are greatly reduced. I will locate our organizations web site and make a post...it saves us both time and money...big time!</HTML>

Renny Doyle
Attention To Details
Aircraft &amp; Auto Detailing
www.detailingsuccess.com
Proud Detailers of Air Force One!
PDTA Member
Dan
March 28, 2005 03:43PM
<HTML>Renny and Joe,
As far as temp agencies, I tried them all, and they all said the same thing, "our insurance people said we cant send anyone because the liability is too high for your particular type of business". I was pretty bummed and swamped with work. Right now Im just biting the bullet and working non stop. The only company that will send workers is Labor Ready, but then you get meatheads showing up for work. The other agencies I tried from recomendations from other business owners, supposedly supply workers of all skill, they screen them well, and can send a good worker depending on how many hours and dollars you are willing to spend per hour. Needless to say, I was a little sad when they couldnt accomodate my business.

Labor is a big problem for us all. Please let us know the outcome of your efforts.

What is the deal with leasing workers? I bet you pay a set figure and workmans comp is included in the price, yeah?

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login