Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Water Tanks

Posted by Rob Marini 
Water Tanks
April 04, 2005 09:08PM
<HTML>How many gallons on average does it take per regular size car? is 60 gallons enough?</HTML>
Re: Water Tanks
April 05, 2005 12:15AM
<HTML>The exact amount depends on the equipment your using. The pressure washer PSI and tip size being most important.

With a honda 5.5 gx motor with a cat pump we use about 10 gallons to rinse, soap up-rinse, clay -rinse again.

With 60 gallons you should easily be able to wash/detail 4-6 average size cars.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
April 05, 2005 03:26AM
<HTML>After reading this post, I went out to the garge and this morning I started out with a full 200 gallons and this evening my water level was right at 110 gallons, so I used 90 gallons today. I Mini Detailed 9 cars and 5 large SUV's and washed my truck and rig. So with 15 vehicles and trailer at 90 gallons comes out to 5.6 gallons per unit and not including rinsing towels and filling wash bucket. I have a 6.5 horse Honda with an AR pump at 3 gallons per minute.</HTML>
April 05, 2005 02:42PM
<HTML>Rob:

Joe is right on the money.
I have a 60 gal tank and that is about it wash/detail 4-6 average size cars.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
April 05, 2005 03:54PM
<HTML>60 gallons then waste time to get more water if you have to detail more than 4 to 6 cars, TIME IS MONEY!!!</HTML>

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
April 05, 2005 08:31PM
<HTML>so starting out..do you think 60 is a good investment or should i go 90?</HTML>
April 06, 2005 12:51AM
<HTML>Rob,

Are you a detailer or a car washer?

We can make $600-$800 at least with no more than 60 gallons of water. If you like the grunt work of wash only you will need a bigger (much bigger)tank.</HTML>

April 06, 2005 02:48AM
<HTML>Check out my web-site Rob, see all that "GRUNT" work or my I say "Gold Digging Work" If Joe made that much with 60 gall. guess how much I made with 90 gallwinking smiley</HTML>

Martin Hernandez
April 06, 2005 05:31AM
<HTML>Quiero estar como SAmobilewash cuando yo crezco!!!!!!!!!</HTML>

April 06, 2005 04:55PM
<HTML>I plan on doing mostly detailing. Of course ill go where the money is. I am going to offer a mini detail just like Martin but i will try to push out as many complete details as possible. This being said i will probably go with the 60 for starters. I want to be able to have all this in my truck bed to avoid the extra costs of a trailer.

Martin i looked at your site. You do a great job. Does most of your business come from the mini details? You have a plan with your customers to come everyweek?</HTML>
April 06, 2005 04:57PM
<HTML>Martin: What product do you use to glaze the wheels?</HTML>
April 07, 2005 03:01AM
<HTML>Rob, my business does mainly come from Mini Details and I don't have group rates or discounts because of our high quality, convience and the high demand for my services. I have several customers that call 3 times aweek and when I get there, the car is more dusty than dirty so I can knock out a car in about 15 min and a large SUV in 25-30 min. If it's 1 car or 7 cars like in the picture on my pricelist page, it's all the same and the client with the 7 cars is every Monday at noon, rain or shine. So if you caculate according to my pricelist, $35 per car(6) and $45 for 1 SUV, it comes out to $255.00 for just under 2 hours worth of work and we have 46 cars that are setup for weekly washes on certain days of the week, then we fit in everyone else in spots available. Then on top of that, they all tip well so they can be on top of my so called "list". And they all know that if the car is trashed out, I charge more. I would love to add another rig and my clients think it's a great idea but they all say the same thing "As long as you do my car personally". On our tires, I use Magic Dressing from Auto Magic and there is a distributor most large cities, shouldn't be hard to find or go to thier website, www.AutoMagic.com</HTML>

Martin Hernandez
April 07, 2005 06:11PM
<HTML>What do you do about rain? Do you reschedule, or wait till next week? Having 46 customers it must be hard to reschedule these.

Thank you for your help and ideas.</HTML>
April 08, 2005 02:15AM
<HTML>The clients that schedule for weekly washes are the ones that don't care about the rain so if it's a light drizzle, I'm there. Even for clients that call in for an appointment, if they don't call to cancell, I'm there. But if it's a driving rain, forget it and most of them wait till the next week.</HTML>

Martin Hernandez
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login