Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Polish or Wax?

Posted by Rob Marini 
Polish or Wax?
April 08, 2005 04:56AM
<HTML>What is the best thing to machine apply when you are offering an exterior detail, Polish or Wax? I was thinking of washing with a black cherry wash and wax soap and then machine applying a good polish. This has worked well on my car in the past and i was wondering how you guys package your exterior detail service.</HTML>
Re: Polish or Wax?
April 08, 2005 01:57PM
<HTML>strip all old sealant/wax,then polish and wax if you want to. I use Bud abrahams "One Step" which has a cleaner and sealant in as it says "ONE STEP"......................................... Brandy !</HTML>
April 08, 2005 10:05PM
<HTML>Remember that any product that has a cleaner in it will decrease the longevity of the sealant ...one step saves time but also decreases the protection time...I use Detailplus sealant on all my dealer vehicles now...Best price around for a gallon of sealant..To work with I give a 10...for all around product..Only down side is absolutely dont get any on black trim period..no room for hurrying around trim!!!</HTML>
April 09, 2005 02:54PM
<HTML>Willie "G" how have you been ?

I totally agree with your post. I give all of my moldings a good coat of protectant before sealing and then again after the sealant has dried and removed. I learned this from someone,here on Forum. It always works!

I noticed that you are using Diamond Plus, on your dealer Vehicles! What are you using on your high end customers vehicles ?.....

I have bought out 3 detailers in the Ashland area over the last several months, that have gone "belly up" and have an aray of products to use!

I haven't found anything that works any better, nor last any longer than the Diamond Plus.

"NO" i don't have a glossometer or any of the other testing equipment, just working vehicles on a repeat basis.

I'm still going to stop by next time I go to Raleigh, want to meet You!...Brandy</HTML>
April 10, 2005 02:06AM
<HTML>Great ...sounds like you are too!!!For retail /and my own vehicles...for protection and gloss...Zaino #2 Pro Show Car Polish for clear coats and #3 for non clearcoats....I can protect paint ...chrome...plastic...and painted trim...local distributor keeps cost down..I dont use any of the other products xcept #6 I dont promote the products a lot on tintdudes auto forum because I know for a fact my really only comp follows the forum...work for me 5 years so pretty smart...if he starts useing Zaino I know he's found this forum too!!!!!I bought a 81 Trans Am in Raleigh not long ago.Worst road trip I ever took for a vehicle...darn construction and every one driving like a bat out of hell...just crazy!!!!</HTML>
April 10, 2005 03:18AM
<HTML>Willie "G":

Not everyone in Raleigh drives like a Bat out of hell!!!!!!

We love our construction too! lol!

Hey Give me a call next time your in raleigh.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login