Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fundings to start business

Posted by Juan Montes 
Fundings to start business
April 01, 2004 08:48PM
<HTML>Helle my name is Juan,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get money to fund the starting of your business by means of government programs. I am currently saving money to start my own business but it wouldn't hurt me to know where to get extra money to get my business going sooner! The business that I would to start is mobile detailing. Thank you for your time!</HTML>
Re: Fundings to start business
April 01, 2004 11:00PM
<HTML>I started my mobile unit with approx. $3K and this included the trailer which was a used enclosed trailer. If you carefully shop around you can save a ton of money vs. a complete unit available from some of the online stores.
I bought my tank at a farm supply store. It was a 70 gallon tank for less than $100. With some fittings and an electric pump that fed the water to my power washer it worked beautiful. Ebay was my best friend when I purchased my higher end products. Examples:
5000W generator w/ less than 8 hrs of run time $350 (shipped)
trailer $1200
power washer w/ honda engine $260 (shipped)
jacuzzi pump $70 shipped
So you see, you can do this without a loan if patient enough and willing to wait a month or two.</HTML>

&quot;Your image can be reflected in many ways, your vehicle is just one&quot;
April 01, 2004 11:56PM
<HTML>Juan,

(1) I take it from your name that you are hispanic. The goverment has a program offered by Small Business Association for minorities. They have other programs as well.

(2) Go to a bank for a loan (have good credit before you apply)

(3) Ask friend's and family for interest free lending

(4) Go to a loanshark and pay less then a bank but you'll have to repay no matter what.

My choices in order would be: 1, 3, 4, 2</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 02, 2004 01:22AM
<HTML>Juan:

As Brian indicated you might be able to get government money if you are a minority. Check with the SBA Office in your area.

That is about all there is in so far as government money is concerned.

Of course you have to have an excellent business plan and everything laid out, profit and loss, income projections with a basis of how the income will be derived, etc.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
April 02, 2004 01:37AM
<HTML>DON'T go to a loanshark, thats a VERY bad idea, trust me ! you will pay one way or the other ! or take a trip to the hospital !

If you dont have enough money to start-up a business yet, you have no business starting up a business, YET.

Just be paiteint & SAVE YOUR MONEY ! Then go online(ebay) to get the best deals on equipt. SBA also has programs, go online & do the research.

Just my 2cents,</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
April 02, 2004 04:31PM
<HTML>Thanks for that information, I crossed out number four on Brian's list(loanshark). That is something I would not do, but I do appreciate the rest of his list. Thanks Brian! I will definitly go to my local SBA office as well and see what they have to offer. So that my chances are better I will write down my plan so that I can present it to whom ever I need to, thanks for the tip Bud! Well I have had people tell me about using ebay, so I will go on there and see what I can find. Thank you again everyone!!!</HTML>
April 03, 2004 07:01AM
<HTML>Juan if there is a Hotsy in your area they can help at least with ideas of your setup...
they gave me great advice, worked on two of my pressure washers,gave me chemicals to try (more than I will use in a year),
and they did all this for (you may want to sit down) FREE !!!!!!!!!
yes that's right FREE!
They have a web site that may or may not
tell you of a local distributor but it is a start.

WWW.HOTSY.COM
any more questions about hotsy just e-mail me
neonjelo@yahoo.com
good luck</HTML>
April 03, 2004 06:36PM
<HTML>Juan, Play the poor little Hispanic. That is the best way. We (I am also from the land of Hispania, where ever it is) need all the help we can get. Because I speak Spanish I am dumber than most other people and need a "special" program to help me out. I only wish I was a Hispanic black female, BIG MONEY THERE!

Or----- maybe it would be better to maintain your dignity and avoid altogether the "lets help the poor little Hispanic" programs because we don't need them.

I started with $2000. I bought all used equipment. I started with a garden hose and a crate of chemicals.

14 years later I have a newer GMC van stocked with all top of the line equipment that I purchased new.

Hard work and perseverance is what will get you from where you are now to where your goals are. Set your goals high and go get them.

If I ever can be of help e-mail me.

For those that suggested a hispanic program, please don't take this post with any hard feelings. The programs are there and thank you for your advice.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
April 05, 2004 08:51PM
<HTML>Thanks mobile pro for the advice as well as Jose. I will definitely check out that web site and see if I have one in my neck of the woods. Jose well it's very encouraging to know that you can start with a little bit of supplies and hard work and make your business successful. Thanks again guys I really appreciate the advice!!!</HTML>
May 14, 2005 08:25AM
<HTML>Juan it has been a year since this post, what is the latest??

Are you up and running?</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login