Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Menzerna polishes

Posted by Dan 
Dan
Menzerna polishes
May 18, 2005 02:36PM
<HTML>Hello!!! Right now Im using the meguars compounds and polishes. Im pretty happy with them, but Im trying to find a better way.

Those of you that have tried the power gloss, will it really handle 1000 grit scratches? I just find that hard to believe and am reluctant to try it, since it has a $25 price tag for 32 ounces!!

How would you describe its leveling abilities. What kind of a job does it do in really cutting the paint film and getting below spider swirls? The add says it cuts fast with hardly any haze or compound marring.

If it does everything its description says, then the price is worth the product. I tried intensive polish a couple years ago, but was not too impressed especially for the price.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
Re: Menzerna polishes
May 18, 2005 02:57PM
<HTML>The "PO twins" : PO85RD and PO106FF are supposed to be even more incredible. They are probably the most, if not one of the most expensive polishes in the industry .

Understanding price of product never necessarily equates to "best". Experience and technique still overrides that. I've used FP , FPII, IP, and the PO twins largely by PC or Cyclo and I'm very pleased with them. I ventured with the PO twins by rotary a few times and yes, I was extremely pleased with the fast, glossy results.

PO twins aside, via rotary I think one could get away with IP and FP II for most jobs. They would see more use than the Power Gloss and perhaps be "more worthwhile". The IP results are probably going to be best via rotary and I'd say no product is immune from needing more than one pass at times. If you go with the Power Gloss you'll likely need to follow with IP or another less aggressive polish

Which ever Menzerna products you go with, expect very nice , and quick results by rotary. Switch over to FP II via PC or Cyclo at the very end to really burnish the paint.

On a side note, just ordered Valugard Cerrious Compound, as its supposed to be the same sort of polish for Ceramiclear finishes, if not the first, original one. It's considerably more economical than Menzerna.</HTML>

May 19, 2005 01:33AM
<HTML>One word or two of caution.

We developed this Cerious Compound for use with certain pads and rotary buffer speed.

If one does not have those pads, or wishes to have the buffer speed at a higher speed, the product may not provide the results desired.

It is a "true dual purpose" product.

It was not developed, formulated, for the masses, but for those who are true technicans, who follow instructions, etc.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
Dan
May 20, 2005 02:04AM
<HTML>Ron,
So whats the deal with the pads and buffer speed? I would like to try some of the cerious.

Dan Draper
Dan
May 20, 2005 02:04AM
<HTML>Ron,
So whats the deal with the pads and buffer speed? I would like to try some of the cerious.

Dan Draper
Dan
May 20, 2005 02:05AM
<HTML>Ron,

Dan Draper
May 20, 2005 12:49PM
<HTML>Pick up the phone and call me.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login