Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Painting your rims?

Posted by Tim M. 
Painting your rims?
October 27, 2003 06:39PM
<HTML>The rims on this car I'm selling are rather stained and weather-worn, etc. and I know a lot of guys paint or spray-paint their rims. Not exactly a detailing question but and advice would be helpful. Is it worth it? Will it last? What paints are reliable (name brands, etc.) What is a good method to use for doing this and do a good job and not get paint all over your car?</HTML>
Re: Painting your rims?
October 28, 2003 12:17AM
<HTML>There is a company here that refinishes rims...Im not sure what they charge. I dont think i have seen a do it yourself thing that really works well enough for me to try. Thats something i would leave to someone trained to do it.

how bout some cheap hub caps...lol...</HTML>
October 28, 2003 02:51AM
<HTML>You can take your rims to a powder coater. typically even small towns have one. Body shops use them for assorted paint jobs wherein the paint needs to last under abusive situations. Look in your yellow pages for a motorcycle shop, call and ask who they can send you to for powder coating. It aint cheap but it is what rims need. A normal paint job that you can do will not last more...a few thousand miles.</HTML>
October 28, 2003 03:05AM
<HTML>Now is a good time to treat your car to a brand new set of wheels! Painting by a pro will be expensive and if you do it (and never have done it) you can run into problems.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login