Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEWGUY with a CLASSIC????

Posted by Brandon Gray 
NEWGUY with a CLASSIC????
August 15, 2005 02:59AM
<HTML>hello everyone. LEt em introduct myself. I am 20 years old and from Southern ontario. I lvie in a family full fo car geeks, and ahve been one ever sicne i can remeber. Run 2 samll business..sellign aftermket car parts(www.whgroup.ca) and a detialign business i run out of my large shop. I was so excited when i foudn this website. ive been on ehre for 2 hours lookign and reading!hahaha
heres the Question

I knwo this ones a classic, and from the alst i ahve heard It still ahst been fixed. Wax on the ABS side moulding...any solutions to remove???
thanks
Brandon</HTML>

Some Say I Have Talent
Re: NEWGUY with a CLASSIC????
August 15, 2005 01:40PM
<HTML>You might wish to look at our website, www.autoint.com and read the TSB from Hyundia on this concern.

Then go into the "store" and the ETR-II kit is shown with further instructions.

Mazda also used this system on several thousand new pickups, Hyundai in both the states and Canada used it on over 34,000 new vehicles, no problems.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
August 15, 2005 01:48PM
<HTML>Hey Brandon, nice to see another guy from the area on the board. I lived in Hamilton for a couple of years while I went to Mohawk for Broadcasting in the early 90's. My best suggestion to try and remove the wax residue is a mild to medium strength all purpose cleaner and a stiff brush. Spray the cleaner onto the brush and scrub away. Wipe off the soap and residue and dry with a clean, dry towel. Check your progress and repeat if necessary. You can also try a mild "safety solvent" using the same method. When finished apply a water based dressing to the trim and you are all set.

P.S. I should also mention that several times I have had vehicles that we just could not get the wax out of the trim no matter what we do. In that case we use Valugard's ETR kit to re-dye the trim back to the original colour.</HTML>

August 15, 2005 03:39PM
<HTML>Scotty,

How's the week of Aug 28th, either a Wed or Thursday look for you.

I have to go to Flat Rock for a meeting at the Mazda/Mustang plant, and want to come on over.

Got golf clubs???

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
August 15, 2005 10:37PM
<HTML>I will be in Chicago on the 24th and possibly the 25th for meetings but should be back no problem. As long as all hell doesn't break loose (which it often does) we should be able to sneak out for a round but I will need to know exactly which day you will be coming down. Shoot me an e-mail at shineshop@bellnet.ca and let me know when you are going to be here and I'll try and get us a tee time at a half decent golf course. By the way, you do realize that I am a shitty golfer right? The Scottish heritage means nothing!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login