Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

shampoo time

Posted by Phil Goode 
shampoo time
October 28, 2003 08:59PM
<HTML>I wanted to share this:

After all of my questions and your answers about shampooing, I decided to search for a machine I could use to increase my effectiveness and reduce fatigue. Long story short..after a really nice chat with Bud (he was graciuous with his time and his knowledge. Thansk again Bud) I decided to buy a right angle grinder (my buffer is too big to fit inbetween seats and such) from Lowes. It is an OEM 1000 - 10,000 rpms. I bought a rotary shampoo brush and attached. The rt angle grinder is very small and cost about $25. The brush was $9. I went to my wholesale lot today and did a van. Bottom line, the carpets were fantastic and it took LESS time than my old hand method PLUS I had enough energy left over to be productive after the van.

I first learned about the friction method and was introduced to the tools needed here on this website from you all. I am grateful.
Hard to imagine that the results were faster, easier and better. But they were.</HTML>
Re: shampoo time
October 28, 2003 09:47PM
<HTML>Phil:

What buffer did you get? The air powered seems like the most productive but is impractical for me to hull such a large compressor on my truck.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 29, 2003 03:57AM
<HTML>Brian,
I did not get a buffer, I got a right angle grinder. The rpms are faster but the torgue is smaller. Since the smaller trk, the machine gets real hot. Not sure how long it will stand up cleaning carpets.
I too want a air power tool set from buffers to shampooers but Bud and I spoke at length the other day and during this chat I learned that both of my compressors are too small to run his machine....sigh. That is the goal though. The compressors I have seen that generate 11 cfm are huge! In my arena, space is a premium and I currently use a small compressor. won't work for this application.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 03:58AM
<HTML>Might have to try this out ..thanks Phil.

Jim.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 11:16AM
<HTML>Jim;

Being at a dealership you can use our Rotary Shampooer with no problem. Every dealership should have rotary shampooer tools for friction shampooing.

Bud</HTML>

buda
October 29, 2003 07:18PM
<HTML>Jim, If I had the ability to go back, undo what I bought and rebuy...I would get Buds rotary shampooer. Thats is really what I want. So if you get it, I can live vicariously through you.
I have too small a compressor for now to use his machine.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 07:31PM
<HTML>Gentlemen:

The next best alternative to the Air Powered Rotary Shampooer is to use a Porter Cable or DeWalt D/A and purchase our velcro backer plate and brushes.

These are not as small as the air tool, but they are small enough to get into the interior and give you some mechanical scrubbing action.

I know people are using the Huge Cyclo Dual Headed monstrosity for interior shampooing and the PC or DeWalt is much smaller.

If you have one all you need is the attachment and brushes.

Regards
bud a</HTML>

buda
October 29, 2003 09:01PM
<HTML>Bud,
Will the difference between rotary and orbital action make a difference in cleaning?</HTML>
October 30, 2003 01:32AM
<HTML>I have a PC w/friction brush attachment. It is fast, small in size, without the grip handle easier to manuver, as you can set the speed you require. This is not all this little hummer can do though!</HTML>

The problems of yesterday have produced the blessings of today.
Lot-A-Details, In Seattle
October 30, 2003 02:09AM
<HTML>I take the handle off mine too. I use tol brush, I wish it was more firm.</HTML>
October 30, 2003 03:22AM
<HTML>After today , I am going to get one of these attachments somehow...1997 F250, 187000 miles, been driven through every cornfield and cow yard in the state....took us all day nearly ..god awful mess . I have a PC that I got a few months ago, for my own use at home , might ty it on that .

S.A.B ..does it mess up the PC at all ? How long do the attachments last ?

I know they are available for the Cyclo too , but I cant imagine using one of those inside the vehicle , just too cumbersome .

Bud, I'll talk to them , we need one .

Jim.</HTML>
October 30, 2003 04:32AM
<HTML>Jim, et, el:

The velcro backer we offer will fit most tools. It is 5" in diameter.

The brushes are the best, 5' diameter dense nylon fiber a choice of 1 1/2" bristle length or 7/8" bristle length.

Makes any PC; DeWalt or even a rotary buffer a shampooer.

Check it out on the website

Regards
Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 31, 2003 05:49PM
<HTML>Jim:

If you are asking "do the chemicals make there way into the machine?" The answer is no. The PC doesn't sling, and the vibrating brush doesn't draw it into the tool, it works good at any angle. It's orbiting action and your hand pressure keep the chemicals right where you need them. You can move quite quickly over the carpets or seats on higher speeds. This is where you find out how much pre-spot and shampoo you are using or should use with these machines. When you are done you can change to a foam pad for wax or sealant application. You can also dry sand with this tool, and all I do is blow it out with forced air and it's good to go.</HTML>

The problems of yesterday have produced the blessings of today.
Lot-A-Details, In Seattle
October 31, 2003 06:28PM
<HTML>S.A.B, thank you, appreciate it, will get one for my PC and try it.

Thanks.

Jim.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login