Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Good Books

Posted by Dan 
Dan
Good Books
October 28, 2003 11:29PM
<HTML>Hello gentlemen!! Im 3/4 through the E-Myth book and Im going to be depressed when Im done with it. It is a great damn book, a lot of you guys would definetly find yourself in the personality profiles this guy writes about. I was wondering if you guys had any other books to mention that could help us small business owners? Hope all is well with everyone. Take care.</HTML>
Re: Good Books
October 29, 2003 03:01AM
<HTML>Dan, about 1/4 the way through E Myth.

Power Phrases by Meryl Runion, has a few good chapters on how to negotiate, win over customers etc.

I got a copy of Franklin Covey's "Style Guide" for Business and Technology Comminications, quite good so far.

One of the best books I read was called 'Fish" by John Christensen. The last company I worked for had a day long course based on the book, and it was excellent, can really teach you a thing or two about Customer Service . There is a line in there that say " it only takes 30 seconds to make someones day " .

Off the path a little, but Lee Iacocca's Autobiography, probably pick it up at a used book store, great look at the auto industry and some good ideas to use at all levels of business.

Jim.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 04:33AM
<HTML>one minute manager

greatest salesman in the world.

Two books that will change your life.</HTML>
Dan
October 29, 2003 07:28PM
<HTML>Thanks guys, I copied down all the books suggested!</HTML>
October 29, 2003 11:34PM
<HTML>Secrets of the Millionaire. This book teaches the ethics and spirit of entreprenuering.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 30, 2003 02:19AM
<HTML>I have read the E-Myth Revisited. I was told, shown, and taught some years ago that if you ONLY read the materials you will miss it's message. When you study them, and apply the concepts in your life you will progress forward. Some folks are not ready for this book yet. I feel fortunate to have people in my life that know me better than I know myself, that can put these things in front of me when it is time.</HTML>

The problems of yesterday have produced the blessings of today.
Lot-A-Details, In Seattle
November 01, 2003 03:07PM
<HTML>Okay guys I have some great books for you. E-Myth is one I have heard alot about I just have not had the time to read yet. But some other good ones that I have read are:

-Rich Dad Poor Dad By Robert T. Kiyosaki

-He also has a series on tape or cd called "Choose to be rich" I don't have a lot of time to read but like most of you mobile detailer's, I have all day in my van to listen to the tapes. I would really recommend this series. I listen to it over and over.

-Think & Grow Rich By Napoleon Hill
Great book also on tape!

-The Millionare Next Door I think it is by Thomas J. Stanley

These books or tape will keep you guys busy and put your mind in a new reality!

Ryan Stewart

www.stewartdetailing.com</HTML>
November 01, 2003 05:10PM
<HTML>Another great book to read is the Bible, will give you a deep perspective on life both personally and as a business man.

If you can't read it all be sure to read Proverbs and the Ecesa... written by King Solomon. Here was the wisest man in the world with all the success and riches anyone could have, reflecting on his life near the end.

His reflections will make any intelligent and open-minded person really think about what is important in life.

Have never read the Koran or anything by Budha but I am told they contain a great deal of wisdom too.

Regards
BA</HTML>

buda
November 02, 2003 12:56AM
<HTML>Buda..Bhuda ..any relation ? Just kidding...</HTML>
November 02, 2003 11:10AM
<HTML>Ultimate auto detailing.

This was reccomended by "ghost of a detailers past"

He was right, it's one of the best. Has info on concours.

-Tyler
protouchhawaii.com</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login