Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gas prices are going up ,up up!

Posted by Pro Mobile Details 
Gas prices are going up ,up up!
August 31, 2005 12:52PM
<HTML> Two days ago gas was 90 cents a litre if you knew where and when to go.(i,m in the great white north,near toronto as mr. perkin likes to say)

Today its $1.20 a litre. Not too long ago i was paying 60 cents a litre.
a few friends i know who i deal with say $1.50 a litre is coming soon!

I have had to increase my prices already this year but am going to have to raise them again as i do mostly country detailing and often travel 50 to 100 km to a job!(return trip)
Yesterday i even used my one car to drive 300km to do one of my dream clients 55 ft boats .If i had used my van it would have cost a fortune although money is no object to some clients but for the average joe the price is without a doubt going to affect the detailing trade as well as others!

Pro mobile details 416-523-WASH</HTML>
Re: Gas prices are going up ,up up!
August 31, 2005 01:23PM
<HTML>It might be wise to keep the upcharge separate from your normal rates, and call the needed increase a "fuel adjustment surcharge" as you fight the greedy ravages of the oil companies.

That way, your clientele will more easily recognize the cause for the increase... and possibly be more accepting that we're all in the same boat. Misery often appreciates company and you'll more likely receive empathy if you focus on the reason for the increase.

By using a "surcharge", you indicate that it will be a temporary involuntary adjustment until the shortage is addressed or a better solution is found. If no relief comes later on, then adjust the price... and offer the appropriate explanation.

Just a well-intentioned suggestion...
-Steve</HTML>
August 31, 2005 03:49PM
<HTML>We paid $3 per gallon today</HTML>
August 31, 2005 09:15PM
<HTML>Just walked to the station next door. They don't even have the price posted on their highway sign. The pumps said $3.399 for unleaded regular!
I'm in Southern Indiana.</HTML>
September 01, 2005 03:16AM
<HTML>Go to gasbuddy.com and shop around a little. I drove 5 miles out of the city and got it for $2.95 a gallon instead of $3.10 , went to the walmart and got the gas card , the used my sams club card to get another three cents off.

Only pennies but still saved 18 cents a gallon.

Jim.</HTML>
September 01, 2005 01:26PM
<HTML>On the news last night..there were places posting $5.87 per gallon and one gast station was selling at $6.00..</HTML>
September 01, 2005 05:57PM
<HTML>I have been in a daze all day today.

Went out last night and topped off the tank in my work van 15 gallon for $46.

Our Gov here in NC said we might run out..

I like the idea of the "fuel adjustment surcharge"...

I am really wondering if it is more profitable to to Mobile or a small fix location.
I am talking about a basic no thrills equiped shop..

There are places that go for $800 a month for one bay and a small office
(off the beaten trail).....

I can not afford to drive around like I use to to get business.

Guess it is a good time to brush up on my "COLD CALLING" skills!!!!!!!!</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
September 01, 2005 11:35PM
<HTML>That's right. Gas wentfrom $1.00 per litre yesterday to $1.25 this morning and now it's back to $1.15. What a bargain. Good thing I got that new full size, quad cab 5.7 litre hemi Dodge Ram last summer. Very fuel efficient!</HTML>

September 02, 2005 11:45PM
<HTML>I paid $2.99 a gallon today , I raise prices effective next week .</HTML>

Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !
September 03, 2005 01:01AM
<HTML>In my area they are already closing the gas stations early...prices have risen to over $5</HTML>
September 03, 2005 01:18AM
<HTML>It,s now $1.35 a litre at 4.5 litres to a imperial gallon thats over $6 bucks for regular,although our gallon is 1/5 more than the us gallon but still!

Concours...where are you located?

Scotty, feels weird filling up your jetta and telling yourself its not the ram !</HTML>
September 03, 2005 01:30AM
<HTML>I am in Virginia</HTML>
September 03, 2005 03:16AM
<HTML>Thanks to Steves post I used his idea today.

Had a job this morning and called the customer and explained that due to the raising fuel cost I will start charging a "fuel adjustment surcharge".

He was about 7 miles away and I charged him $5....

He understood and paid it without batting an eye.</HTML>

Auto Appearances Inc , Raleigh NC (919) 812-4759
September 03, 2005 05:07PM
<HTML>The girlfriend has the jetta in Toronto for school. Unfortunately it's a 1.8t and requires premium so gas is like $1.50 or so and that almost equals what it costs to fill the ram. I might start leaving the truck at work and riding the bike as long as weather permits it - lord knows I need the exercise!</HTML>

September 04, 2005 07:34PM
<HTML>$2.99 to $3.39 for regular unl. here in SW Fla. That's if you can find it.

Almost saw a fight at the pumps the other day. Guy towing a triple engined powerboat with an H2 Hummer pulls in and proceeds to fuel about $300 worth into his boat and SUV. All this while the line is stacked about 5 cars deep. Guy behind him in a Honda asked him how he had the gall to suck up fuel like that for pleasure while there is a long line and shortages everywhere. Guy with the boat says, "Cause I can afford it." So the Honda guy says, "Can't wait till the start rationing 10-20 gallons at a time to keep slime like you off the road."

That's when the fight almost happened.

BTW, I filled up my cargo van last week at $2.61/gal, topped of this AM at the same station for $3.13.

Regards,

Mike</HTML>

-Get that great new car feeling!-
September 05, 2005 01:28AM
<HTML>Here it is 3.99 most places that have it. We waited in line at Wal-Mart because we had seen the fuel truck there. Paid $2.79 for midgrade.</HTML>

www.seabreezedetailing.com
Seabreeze Mobile Detailing, Inc.
Destin, Florida
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login