Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equipment

Posted by Keith Johnston 
Equipment
September 23, 2005 01:46AM
<HTML>Hello all... I am currently looking at getting into the business if cleaning cars and the exterior primarily. I have no experince doing the interior so all the posts here have been extrodinarily helpful in gaining insight. Now the next question is not looking for a quick fix but more on an Insight to what the Pros use.

(1) What is a good buffer which lasts/provides top quality pads.

(2) what are your individual prefrences for Car soap cleaners/waxes etc.
(I should state im not going for the total strip and rebuild of paint jobs as I need to start slow and learn good detailing before I really screw something up).

(3) With flyers is more words better or a bit more Show and a phone number from your varying experinces

(4) I have no idea what to charge for pricing. I live in the northwest so its not a Mass amount of high end vehicles. Most people here probably drive cars in the upper 20-30k range in value. Some really high end but not a great amount.

(5) I am going to be going mobile and for now will be using the customers or work places water. DO YOU SUGGEST any kind of water softening system to hook onto the hose in order to take out things that will conteract the work im doing. Like hard chemicals and the such

(6) IF a person does a GOOD wash Job with Towel drying (is this good) and details the outside incuding the tires and rims (polishing) what is the approx time frame I should set aside. I know you guys do it fast but for booking purposes IM just looking at a base time frame.

(7) Now does having a picture book of previous before and after cars that you have done ( I mean the sweet ones) help at all in selling the client. I mean that 69 charger that just looked like crap when u started and you got a picture of the client giving u the thumbs up at the sweet cherry car u did?

(8) If this is in the wrong thread SORRY smiling smiley

(9) ANY and all advice for a total Noob is appreciated. I know you get asked alot of questions but IM SICK OF WORKING as a truck driver. You guys get asked dumb questions I get people trying to run me off the road....Hmmm on the fly Semi road detailing for free (evil visions) ...smiling smiley

Ok enough for now HIT ME............<puts his helmet on</HTML>

WHAT!!! I MISSED A SPOT....How can that be im doing the car next to yours smiling smiley
Re: Equipment
September 23, 2005 04:22AM
<HTML>Keith, I would suggest that u do a search in this phorum for the questions that u pose. Just type a word (or a string of words) in the search box. all of the answers have been given. Reggie</HTML>
September 23, 2005 06:04AM
<HTML>Funny i typed in a couple and found not to many full answers and a bunch of half answers. Was hoping for a bit more then that</HTML>

WHAT!!! I MISSED A SPOT....How can that be im doing the car next to yours smiling smiley
September 23, 2005 12:28PM
<HTML>Check your email</HTML>

Keith
Details on Demand Inc.
Mobile Auto and Boat Detailing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login