Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Leather dye

Posted by Amr Sultan 
Leather dye
September 03, 2005 05:47PM
<HTML>Any of you guys have any idea about leather dye, i'm thinking of adding this service cause it will be a knocker here and i might get some good buisness out of it,

I dont want leather repair or that stuff,, just dye.</HTML>

Prestige cars
Re: Leather dye
September 03, 2005 06:11PM
<HTML>In addition to leather dyes you will need to have cleaners so that the dye can adhere and spraying equipment to apply the dyes.

You have a choice of purchasing an entire range of dyes or mixing each individual color or you can purchase pre-mixed dyes for most vehicles.

The key to leather dyeing is good preparation, good dyes, and a technician who is not color blind. In other words colors have hues and tones some greys have reds or yellows or blues and if you are not able to distinguish the tones of a color the dyeing will not look professional</HTML>
September 04, 2005 09:50AM
<HTML>Thats sounds like a lot of problems to me !!!
I guess better not include this service, the color matching according to what you are saying will definatly not match in most cases, so i'll end up dying all the interior for the price of a drivers seat,,,
Too much hassel it seems!!</HTML>

Prestige cars
September 04, 2005 01:38PM
<HTML>Amr, If you are serious abut getting into the business! You may want to get some info from "SEM" Products Company thats located in Charlotte, North Carolina.

These folks are like "DuPont " is in paint, in the products that they manifacture.

I have a close friend that owns and runs a hi end body shop,and has used their products for many,many years. He recently added spray bed liners, to his aray of offerings. He has died interiors for many,many years. He feels like using Imron/DuPont/3M for Paint items,and Sem for the rest of the needs,both inside and outside that you can't go wrong. Mark started his Body shop business when he was 15 years old and done nothing but grown with the industry and industry technologies since then, he is 43 years old now,and at the same location.

I attended their traveling training program that they put on while at his body shop. I haven't seen them all,but there isn't one in the country thats any better,and about 98% don't/won't even come close.

They were showing me how the die blending and color matching program works while on site. Looked very simple,as long as you have some common sence,and can comprehend what the directions are telling you. You still have to have a very good color eye,or like CCG said you'll be re-doing the whole interior. My friend trains his best people for color matching and painting. Like he says, most people sit on their best"EYE",and these kinds of folks you can't spend time and monies, if they can't produce.
I think that if you are interested,Email them or better yet look up their webb site. SEM.com ................................... Brandy !</HTML>
September 26, 2005 05:05AM
<HTML>Leather dyeing is a great add on with a lot higher profit margins than most businesses. I have been doing it for 11 years. There are some easy water base systems out there that will allow you to get a really good match so you can just blend in the bolsters and small areas. Let me know if you want more info.

Chuck</HTML>
October 08, 2005 06:23PM
<HTML>Amr:

Brandy's advise is the best, contact SEM products who can offer you all the leather dyes you need, pre-mixed so there is no need for color matching.

They have all the know-how and products needed and might even make you a distributor for Egypt.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login