Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How much is enough?

Posted by turbomangt 
How much is enough?
October 29, 2003 01:00PM
<HTML>Let's have some fun. How much money would it take for you to put down your buffer, and pick up your fishing pole or golf clubs. (or anything else you like to do for that matter) Everyone has a different perception on what financial independence is. For some a million bucks is all the money in the world, others could not retire on it. Last, how many of you would continue to do this type of work if you won the lotto?. My vote is I would continue what I'm doing no matter how much was in the kitty. Gary</HTML>
Re: How much is enough?
October 29, 2003 01:44PM
<HTML>Enough money to pay off my mortgage, put three kids through college and pay off the wifes credit card ! Man...I'm gonna be doing this for years ...

I want to be as rich as you Gary , with alll your fancy cars and all , all those different pies you have your fingers in !

Yes, if I won the lotto I'd still do it . Would be nice to be able to do it purely for the love of it rather than as a business.

Jim.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 07:27PM
<HTML>This is my kind of topic ( this and censorship) I am a magician at Disney World. I work during the evenings and that is my real job. I love to clean cars though so I bought all of the tools and put my mobile shop onboard. I work until about two or three in the afternoon, go home, do errands, take a nap and go to work.

I do not make a killing cleaning cars but it is where I can let go of my stress and feel the rewards of a job well done. If I had 2.5 million bucks, I'd pay off a few things, hit the road and detail around the country for one year. I'd come meet all of you and buy your lunch exchange ideas, smoke some cheap cigars and come home richer than when I left. I may be broke but I'd be richer.

You can have my buffer when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.</HTML>
Dan
October 29, 2003 07:42PM
<HTML>If I won the lottery, I would surf around the world for 2 years, then come back home and only detail my own rides perfecting them, maybe I would detail for close friends who started me in business. I love detailing, but only when it is for personal pleasure not for customers for the most part. Just my take.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 10:55PM
<HTML>First, I would hire an accountant and an attorney to help me handle the money. Then I would close my business down for good and pay off everybody I owe. Then I would go on a vacation with my family for a few months. We would go wherever we want and do whatever we want. When we had our fill, we would find a beautiful house and buy some really nice cars. Then I would start looking at how to investment the rest of my money to secure the financial future of our family.</HTML>
October 29, 2003 11:23PM
<HTML>Depends on what your lifestyle is like. I like to keep things simple. For me to retire, I'd say $1.5 mil. I'd move to Naples, Italy (maybe Capri) or Florida and start up a yacht detailing service there, since detailing is not just my profession but also a passionate past time. Total financial freedom just means free from financial obligations and struggling. This is easy if you play your cards right. Keep things simple, don't be greedy, and don't marry a gold digger!

Oh, and I'd buy a bottle of zymol estate wax. That would leave me with about $5 left. kidding</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 30, 2003 02:30AM
<HTML>I would invest some of the lotto winnings in the baddast ass recon facility ever seen. Detailing, Pdr, paint repair, etc. I would have shuttle service, lifts, wet bar, Plenty of lights , etc. I could go on and on . Or, I would start a franchise detailing center on a smaller scale, like a jiffy lube type place.</HTML>
October 30, 2003 04:13AM
<HTML>Brian...lol about the zymol!!! Heck, you'd probably die of old age anyhow before you completed the whole damn process!!!

For me, it would be the same dream as it is now. I'd like to have a big enough operation (like one of Bud's supershops with all the bells & whistles) where I have several people managing & working the shop. I would still be around to oversee and do some jobs, but only the ones I choose...like that Lambo or classic sports cars, really cool stuff like that. I, like Brian, love to take a dirty or tattered car and make it shine like new. I love the satisfaction of doing a good job and the reaction of delight from my customers. To me, it's addicting. I love it even more when they refer their family and friends to me. It's the ultimate compliment I can receive.

But, if I hit it big and didn't have to work as much, I'd be sure to put our daughter through college. If she grows up (sheesh...she's 17 and I'm wondering if it's ever gonna happen) and gets married and gives us a grandchild or two, I'd spend a ton of time enjoying that and set up a trust so the grandkids college education will be guaranteed !!! Until then, I'd learn how to sail and do some great lakes sailing. I'd buy an RV and travel around the country and see all the stuff my wife & I want to see. One thing I always wanted to do was take a big old Harley Electra or Ultra Glide and ride it down the Pacific Coast Highway. So, I might try a little bit of that. I'd buy a nice house on the water or on a golf course...heck, why not both?!!! But, one thing I would definitely get would be one fantastic sports car....like a Porsche Carrera, Callaway Vette, Ford GT, Ferrari, maybe even the new Mustang GT if it lives up to the early expectations and I'd join a sports car club where I could really learn to drive the thing on a racing level and go to the track on weekends and race it...Just for fun!!! Ahhh...the need for speed!!! I love it!!

Then, with any spare time left, I'd follow The Who around if they ever tour again!!! In my Porsche, of course!!! Either a red or a silver one. I'm not sure yet. But definitely black interior!!!</HTML>
October 30, 2003 04:40AM
<HTML>ENOUGH MONEY WOULD BE TO KEEP THE BUD FLOWING OUT OF THE KEGS, AND ENOUGH SINGLES TO DROP INTO THE G-STRINGS OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AT THE GO-GO BAR</HTML>

PRECISION POWER WASHING &amp; AUTO DETAILING
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login