Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Starting my own business at last!

Posted by Anne Springer 
Starting my own business at last!
October 20, 2005 09:48PM
<HTML>The good news is that after not being able to detail all year due to moving to an apartment, I bought a house from a detailer/auto body person! I plan on starting my own business there by next spring at the latest.

He currently does business out of the 2+ car garage (it has a drain and excellent lighting and heat). I plan on starting out with one or two cars on the weekend, and let things pick up from there. I've got advertising covered, and I'll probably be getting some of the guy's old clients too...

My question is, now what? What type of insurance should I have, and what city codes do I have to check into? Do I have to register my business "name" with anyone? And what do you think of $100 for a 3 hour job (never mind the guy uses simple spray wax)? Will his clients pay more for a new person, and a better wax job? (I think $100 is a bit low!)

Thanks for your help, as usual!
Anne</HTML>
Re: Starting my own business at last!
October 21, 2005 01:20AM
<HTML>That nice and everything but to date you broke a promise. I hope you don't to your new clients.

Never got'em pics.

Seems like it was only yesterday ......................................

" I forgot to post my opinion about this...

I don't think its a bad deal since quite a few women prefer to wear little when its warm out (might be the 'sweat' thing). The problem I see is that these women sometimes like to flaunt their bodies because they don't think they can do better and it gets them attention. But since the girls you are working with know a bit about detailing and they voluntarily wear bikinis, so what??? As long as they know you cannot wash or wax a car using circular motions and know the correct ways of buffing and waxing...

I wear very little because I am heat intolerant and when you are working with water and getting wet, what's a better soak-up- a hot, clingy t-shirt or a bikini?? I'm quite surprised I don't see many men wearing just swim trunks...

I do plan on getting some pictures of myself on the web sometime soon, just to tease ya. ;-)

Anne "

[www.web-cars.com];

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
October 21, 2005 02:23PM
<HTML>Sorry about that! I know you were looking forward to that! I have been so busy this past year and it doesn't help whatsoever I have only gotten to semi-detail my car twice this year. The only pictures I've got are of me in full clothes, no bikini top.

I'll be good to my customers. They're the ones that pay my salary!

If you'd still like to see my picture (remember its sweatshirt & jeans!), let me know!

Anne</HTML>
October 21, 2005 10:29PM
<HTML>Can I seeeeeeeeeeeee tooooooooooooooooooooooo pleaseeeeeeeee !!!!!</HTML>

WE DON'T USE THE &quot;F-WORD&quot; YA KNOW &quot;FREE&quot; A M.O.B BUSINESS
October 22, 2005 12:07AM
<HTML>I viewed this post, and thought id come to "adult friend finder" site
i had to doubble check...

LOL,,LOL,,LOL</HTML>
October 22, 2005 04:53PM
<HTML>First good luck with your new business venture!!! Second the very first thing you doing is talk to or retain a CPA that handles start-ups. That's where you will find all you need to know about the local information. Third obtain business license come up with a name and join Mr. Hammil's group I think it's the PDA they have things such as health/business insurance plus other goodies to help with your business operation and success. As far as pricing I don't know what region you're in or state/ metro area or small town all that play a part in your pricing. Also check Mr. Abraham's thread on operating cost.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login