Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

<b>Webmaster question: Proper cleaning method for canvas top</b>

Posted by <b>Webmaster</b> 
<b>Webmaster question: Proper cleaning method for canvas top</b>
November 16, 2005 07:01AM
<HTML>Hi all

I just put a nice canvas convertible top on my Miata. It's a good quality material and I paid a fair amount of $$$ extra for the privilege.

When washing or drying, the surface pulls the threads off the microfiber towels and the wash mitt. The only non-time consuming way to remove them is by driving around with the top up.

As an alternative, I've just been splashing some soapy water on it and then rinsing. No washing or drying - it just dries in the garage at night.

I'd like to find a brush that is suitable for the top. I've seen a few but they look too harsh. Is there something out there with a very soft bristle?

I found something at <a href="[www.griotsgarage.com]; target="_blank">Griot's Garage</a>

Any ideas?

-Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com<];
Dan
Re: Webmaster question: Proper cleaning method for canvas top
November 16, 2005 02:59PM
<HTML>Paul,

Hi, yes that brush will do just fine, it is basically what we use. We never use a wash mitt or any toweling on conv. tops since they will leave lint. For maintenance, just use car wash soap and agitate the top with the brush and rinse. A lint roller works great to remove any debris that might have stuck.

I also highly recomend the use of Raggtopp convertable protectant. After this treatment, all you have to do is rinse the top for cleaning.

Good luck sir. Thanks for the good detailing website!!

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login