Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Barret Jackson

Posted by Dan 
Dan
Barret Jackson
January 08, 2006 04:17AM
<HTML>Looks like I will be at the auction in Scottsdale, AZ to detail some auction cars as well as keeping cars clean for Adam's Polishes. If any of you are going to be there, give me a call.

Dan Draper
DRAPERSAUTOIMAGERY.com</HTML>
Dan
Re: Barret Jackson
January 23, 2006 09:18PM
<HTML>Well, I just got back from Scottsdale, AZ, what a non stop exhilerating experience!! We met a lot of cool people. Turns out instead of detailing at the auction( only did one car at the auction, a 2 million dollar 1 of 14 orange hemi-cuda!), we instead detailed for a car collector with some seriously good taste.

We must have compounded-polished 20 million dollars worth of cars, 26 cars in 2 days! Almost all being unrestored original paint. We did a handful of Shelby Cobras, Yenko Camaros, all original unrestored Chevelles(one which will appear in the show Dream Car Garage), original firebirds, a few very rare hemi-cudas, one of which there is no other in existance.

The narliest car we buffed was a 1 of 2 '69 Camaro ZL-1 427 original factory aluminum block, ( a rare engine for the time) only one car made with its white color interior, all original paint, untouched, unrestored. 1 of 2 still alive in the world, that was a little nerve racking, but we were able to polish it out nicely even with the original pinstripping.

We had too much fun even though I am a little beat up from the work we performed!

Pictures will be coming soon to my website.

Dan Draper
January 24, 2006 02:05AM
<HTML>You suck!
LOL!</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
Dan
January 24, 2006 04:19PM
<HTML>Joe,
You in particular, would have died. I have never seen any other collector have so many perfect unrestored muscle cars. The guy wants us back every year around the same time. Im so stoked!!!

Are you going to be in torrance not this friday but the next friday? I hope not because Im leaving for Vegas that friday. We have to get together for lunch along with Mr. White, someday!

Dan Draper
January 27, 2006 08:38AM
<HTML>I was there, for the first time.

Joe, put it on your list!

Almost overwhelming...

Note: at least 75% of the cars would have benefited from professional paint correction. Kinda sad, given the rarified aura of the event.

Jim</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login