Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Clay Bar Breakdown

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Clay Bar Breakdown
October 31, 2003 01:11AM
<HTML>How does everyone use their clay bar? With soapy water or special lubricant?

I hear that if you use car wash water that the clay will break down faster than using the lubricants.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Clay Bar Breakdown
October 31, 2003 06:41PM
<HTML>Brian, we used to use a mixture of car wash and water, but we have found that as long as you dont go crazy then just plain water will do, we have been doing it like this for several months and have had no damage at all.

Our clay bar generally last about a month per bar, and it's used on three or four vehicles a day.

Jim.</HTML>
November 01, 2003 01:10AM
<HTML>clay bars will break down with soap. the stronger the soap the faster the break down. Then you have clay bar residue all over the car to deal with..I use a finish spray designed for use with a clay bar. It stays wet longer and provides the lubrisity needeed for the job..it also does a pretty good job with bugs..In short there is a product out there designed for the job...ask your supplier if they have one...if they dont let me know...I will give you the name of the product i use....good question, i bet lots have the same concern.

take care
pmack</HTML>
November 01, 2003 01:14AM
<HTML>heres a question...did you know there is a special pad to be used on a DA/orbital. it holds the clay bar and keeps you from rubbing the car by hand. It may save enough time to be worth your while...</HTML>
November 01, 2003 04:53AM
<HTML>I use lubricant. It is called....clay bar lubricant. BUT since my bar stays in my trailer, it gets hot and breaks down fast. I have tried soapy water and it tended to stick more since I work in the sun.
Did you know the clay can be used for removing images off newspaper? Or is that silly putty? (HUMOR)</HTML>
November 01, 2003 05:01AM
<HTML>I use Body Shine from Auto MAgic with my Auto Magic clay bar. Thing is, it would be easier to do it right then and there as i'm washing the car. So I guess I'll stick with the Body Shine. Thanks guys.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login