Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wizards products

Posted by Rod W. 
Wizards products
August 18, 2004 05:32AM
<HTML>Anyone ever try Wizard's Body Shop Safe product line? Car Brite carries it. I had a truck drop by the shop a couple weeks ago and he left me a bottle of Wizard's Mist & Shine. It's a non-silicone spray wax.

I used it on several cars in the shop. The cars were left sitting in the shop & customers walking through were going up to the cars & telling me how beautiful they looked! Now I've used plenty of other spray wax products before; A.M's Hydro-Shine, Body Spray, Superior's Body Gloss, etc. and I never received compliments like that.

So, I used it on my truck after washing it. My father-in-law came over for dinner like he has 3-4 times/week for the last 3 years and he comented on how great my truck looked. He's never said anything about it before.

Anyhow, I did notice a difference in the shine. The stuff lasted on my truck for about 30 days. We've had a lot of rain & I've had to wash the truck (black) twice a week a couple times and it's held up pretty well.

The stuff is real easy to work with, too. It comes off with much greater ease than other sprays I've used. Plus it does have some hiding capabilities for very fine scratches that lasts 3-4 washes.

IMO, it seems to be an excellent product. But it's expensive at $110/case of 12 16 oz. bottles. One bottle can easily do 8-12 cars depending on size & how sparingly it's used. It doesn't take a lot.

In fact, I had one customer who wants to buy a couple bottles from me he liked it so much. I'm thinking of using it in my express detail/lease turn-in package and maybe selling it to customers.

Any of you use any other Wizard products?</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
Re: Wizards products
August 18, 2004 06:00AM
<HTML>yeah....I had a customer request I use some their "breathable" wax...as he described it... on his truck,after he got it painted at his body shop about two months before.

He requested that I go get a bottle from the body shop owner where he got his truck painted....so,to please him(of course)....and his body shop owner....I went down to the shop to get a bottle of it....the owner of the body shop sweared by it.....I told him,whatever makes you guys happy is fine with me...

So I applied it to his truck,as requested.

Got to admit.... it looked real nice after,nice high-gloss shine,very noticable...and he gave me a bottle of the spray wax mist & shine also to maintain it in the future for his customer...

it maintained the shine very nicely & it continued to look great....nice shine that lasted for about a month or so...not bad for a QD spray wax,in my opinion.....

TO BAD the chemical detailing industry CAN'T make a QD product that last longer though(6mo-12mo)...oh well...I guess good...for some in the biz...thats job security for us all,right?...gotta keep re-applyin it often & keep buyin more,right?.....that keeps this industry in business,right?

I agree...this seams to be a pretty good product....but expensive,and nothing I would personally buy for my regular express details....unless the customer ask for it specifically,then of course....whatever makes them happy, right?.....Its all the same basic chemicals & formula's anyways,right?....just different labels & brands & co.....and promises made,right?

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
August 18, 2004 06:05AM
<HTML>Rod,

Sounds excellent! I don't use Wizard nor have I ever tried it but would love to try a sample if you can tell me where to get it.

Is it for dry cars or like Hydro-Shine where it's applied to wet cars? Sounds like a great product which would be excellent for auto show detailers.

That is a bit expensive but hey, if you like it then use it. For HydroShine, I believe it's $8 per bottle but think it's 32oz? Can't remember. Well, thats what I get it for. See it at the janitorial shop for $11 a bottle.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
August 18, 2004 06:13AM
<HTML>he said you can get it from Car Brite.

?</HTML>

Visit my Web-Site
ColesCountyAutoDetailing.com
August 18, 2004 01:52PM
<HTML>I have the spray & mist, the time release fine cut compound, another fine cut compound and then a polish/sealant from these guys. I got samples when I bought a buffer directly from them at a car show.

I also really like the ease of use and the smell (it smells like Kool-aid to me), and the shine isn't bad at all either. I guess my biggest problem is I tend to use more product because the stuff is so light and when I'm buffing, it seems to disappear rather quickly.

I am interested in purchasing their polish and wax at a full size and do the real test. You know, see how durable the stuff is and how long it lasts...

These guys have a shop here in MN, but you can call them or visit their website to order.

RJ Star, Inc.
1-800-356-7223
www.wizardsproducts.com

Anne</HTML>
August 18, 2004 03:06PM
<HTML>Here's their line up:

[wizardsproducts.com];
August 19, 2004 04:25AM
<HTML>Thanks for posting that site, Bill. I found it after I left the forum last night. Very informative site. Interesting that in the product description interview, they state that it will last for a couple of washes & is not meant as a long term product, nor is it meant to replace wax.

I also put it on a black MB S500 as a final detail. I sprayed it lightly on the surface & used my Cyclo with the finishing pads to wipe the product. It looked great! And, the sftuff is amazing on glass. It's like a Rain-X on steroids!! Super slick!

But, I definitely find the Hydro-Shine is a much more durable product and will probably end up using it in the express package. It's great stuff to use as well and you spray it on after the final rinse and then dry with a terry towel, followed by final wipe with a MF and it comes out great with a durable 30 day shine.

Brian-next time you see a Car-Brite truck in your area, flag him down & talk to him about silicone-free Q.D. He should give you a sample bottle of the Mist & Shine. BTW, is the Hydro-Shine sold under the same name at the janitorial supplier?

I don't know about their other products. My associate tried their one-step & said it was pretty standard. About as good as any non-silicone product he's used, but waay more expensive!! He didn't think it was worth the price unless you work in a body shop & silicone free products are a neccessity.</HTML>

Shine On!

Rod Wesley
Touch Up 'N' Go!
Auto &amp; Marine Appearance Center
We take your car from Rough to Buff!
Visit our website at: www.touchupngo.com
August 19, 2004 04:46AM
<HTML>Rod,

Actually, I have never seen a CarBrite truck in my area -- just Auto Magic and Ardex.

The HydroShine at the janitorail store is the same one I get from my supplier. I love that stuff.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Hydroshine?
August 19, 2004 01:22PM
<HTML>I saw Auto Magic makes aproduct called Hydroshine. Is this the Hydroshine youn are referring to?</HTML>
Re: Hydroshine?
August 20, 2004 02:11AM
<HTML>Yes, HydroShine is made by Auto Magic.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Re: Hydroshine?
August 20, 2004 05:49AM
<HTML>yes i have used it and it works okay it smells like bubble gum to me if it the one that i tried last season kind of a purple looking stuff

I use snap instant detail spray case price is about the same with tax it
is 113 for 12 32 oz bottles more for your money</HTML>
Re:Wizards Products
March 09, 2006 03:03PM
<HTML>Hi All,
I just stumbled upon your very informative forum, and I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Ben Nunzio, and I'm with Above All Wholesalers, Inc., [www.AAWSALES.com] .
For those of you interested, we offer Wizards detailing products with quantity discount pricing, as well as other items.
We have been selling Wizards products successfully for about 3 years now, and have been extremely happy with it.
I also use their products on my own Pro-Street '71 Monte Carlo. [thenunz69.tripod.com]

If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks again,
Ben</HTML>
March 09, 2006 03:25PM
<HTML>I worked with Wizards a couple of years ago and the product was a pleasure to work with! It went on easier than Meguiars, 3M and Mothers, and it smelled the best of anything I've tried. As for the shine, I didn't seem to notice much difference but its been awhile and my memory is a little fuzzy. As for their buffing compounds, the stuff I tried was a lighter compound than I'm used to but it removed the swirls I was going after a lot quicker than the Mothers, 3M and Meguiars counterparts. It is a little pricey, but sometimes you gotta pay more! There is a distributor not too far from where I live, and they are nice people. Just don't buy cheap equipment from them- the buffer I bought, the first one smoked up within a week and the second one lost a speed almost immediately. The buffer still works, just on high though!</HTML>
March 09, 2006 03:45PM
<HTML>Hi Anne,
Thanks for the reply.
We actually ship alot of Wizards products, all over the country.
We're thinking about shipping into Canada now, but I need to do some research on the duty taxes etc..
The whole product line has been one of our best sellers (knock on wood).
We received 2 pallets form them just a few days ago, and we're almost ready to place another order. smiling smiley
Cruisin' time is almost upon us, here in the North East (LI, NY)...
Enjoy your day,
Ben</HTML>
March 12, 2006 07:02PM
<HTML>The mist and shine is a quick detailer..it can't last a month. There is nothing left to bond with the paint.

Wizard has some decent product but nothing I would use as they are not cost effective. Optimum spray wax is a true polymer/wax WITH UV absorbers and it lasts 1 to 3 months and is just as easy to use as a quick detailer for around $30 a gallon. Why pay so much for a quick detailer that has no benefit other than a quick shine?

Hydroshine is a nice product but I believe it states not to use on glass. I use to use it on cars after I washed them and while the car was still semi-wet. Not being able to use it on glass though was a bummer, which is why I now use Optimum.

The Wizard sealant is nice, leaves a nice slick, bright finish but then again so does the sealant from Valugard and at a better price. So again it's a nice product but more for the enthusiast more than the pro detailer.

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
March 13, 2006 05:40PM
<HTML>I of course respect your take on Wizards etc..
We do sell Wizards to Enthusiasts. However, we have also been selling the entire Wizards product line for several years to many Body Shops, as well as Pro Detailers of cars & motorcycles. We have yet to receive a single complaint. (knock on wood!) smiling smiley
Regards,
Ben N</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login