Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Specialty Advertising

Posted by Doug Delmont 
Specialty Advertising
September 02, 2006 03:28AM
Has anyone had any luck using specialty items stamped with the company name and phone number to advertise. Such items can be mailed out to regular customers, with the envelope printed, "GIFT ENCLOSED ". That guarantees that the mail will be opened.

The items can be given to the customer when he picks up his car, too. There are car- oriented items such as ice scrapers available but I wonder how it would improve a detailer's image if he gave away a dash dusting pad, mini lint roller, or foil-packed wipe. Anyway, it would keep his name in front of the customer.

What do you all think of this idea ?

Doug
Re: Specialty Advertising
September 02, 2006 01:33PM
Personally, I have found that the "typical" detail customer is not a coupon clipper, not interested in trinkets or specialty items.

All you have to do for this customer is do a great job; give good service and treat them with respect.

You do not see Hans, the owner of an independent Mercedes or BMW repair shop discounting; offering coupons or giving away trinkets. He just gives good quality service, sometimes alittle less than the dealer, but with a certainty on the customer's part of getting better and more personal service.

That is what you detailers have to learn to do, position yourself as a high quality, first class operation that does not play the price game and only caters to customers who want quality service.

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
September 02, 2006 02:31PM
Using specialty items is not a good way to advertise and attract new business. However, the use of these items is a great way to keep your name and phone number in front of your current customers.

There are a variety of promotional items, such as, pens, calculators, magnets and calendars available that you can have custom stamped or laser engraved with your company name and contact information.

Handing out these items to your current customers will insure that they will have no problem getting in touch with you the next time they want to have their car detailed.

When you really think about it, you should always be handing your customers something with your name and phone number on it every time they get their car detailed.

You will find that National Pen Corporation is a very good source at: [www.pens.com]

September 02, 2006 02:46PM
Frank:

You make a good point about keeping your name in front of even the more high end customers.

There are even better items to use than pens. Such thing as desk calculators which are very attractive and rather expensive looking. I, in fact, use one that my insurance agent gave me. Or something like a clear plastic desk clock that looks a crystal cube, very attractive.

And, of course, a calendar can be a winner, if they are unique

Thanks for the post, it helped me see something that I had overlooked.

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login