Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detailing Biz & Taxes

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Detailing Biz & Taxes
November 06, 2003 11:05PM
<HTML>Here's a question a lot of you probably know the answer to.

If you own a detailing operation with no employees but have an EIN (Employers Identification Number) do you have to file Form 941?

I applied for and received the EIN (for future employees) when I first started out but keep receiving the Form 941 in the mail 4 times a year. I was told to either don't send it in or just put "zero" in all the boxes.

I'm a sole proprietorship for the time being until I grow the business. I didn't need the EIN but knew I would eventually hire employees.

Any suggestions?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Detailing Biz &amp; Taxes
November 06, 2003 11:54PM
<HTML>Brian, while I cant answer your question directly , I can point you to a good source..the IRS themselves. If you go to the <a href="[www.irs.gov]; IRS web site </a> you can order some cd-roms for free from there. I ordered several the other day and they are totally free, take about 3-4 days to arrive .

I ordered the Introduction to Federal Taxes for Small Business/self employed and the Small Business Resource Guide 2003 .

Hope this helps in some way .

Jim.</HTML>
November 07, 2003 01:15AM
<HTML>Brian,

I am an accountant who does detailing on the side. I am new to the accounting field but I am pretty sure that you dont have to fill out a 941 because you dont have any employees and your not paying any payroll taxes and stuff like that for anyone. You would simply add your income from detailing to your schedule C of your 1040 form but if you want I can check with the partners at work to give you a definite answer.

Brian</HTML>
November 07, 2003 01:32AM
<HTML>Thanks Brian! That would be greatly appreciated. I was told that the 941 form doesn't have to be filed if you had no employees but wasn't sure.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login