Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thinking about getting into the buisness!!!

Posted by CT's 
Thinking about getting into the buisness!!!
October 22, 2006 03:00AM
Hey everyone!!! About two weeks ago at work I met a guy that told me he does mobile auto detailing on the side. UMMM!! im not sure what he was talking about, OH yeah those guys that drive trucks with big water tanks and power washers on the trailers that go around and wash cars. I asked him about how much do you make bringing a car wash to a persons' house or work. He told me about $1000 a week cash money (UN TAXED) As soon as he said that my jaw dropped. The concept is awsome. I mean bringing the car wash to a persons house with out he or she having to go through a actual car wash is brilliant.

After doing some thinking I would like to really start my own mobile detailing buisness. I was doing some searching on google and found this great message board. So I would like to introduce myself. My name is Chris In So Cali. I would like to know more about how to get started with my own Mobile Detailing Buisness. More importantly cost of supplies, trailers, cleaning material and if buisness liscensing is needed.
Thanks everyone.
Chris
Re: Thinking about getting into the buisness!!!
October 22, 2006 03:30AM
Chris-
Welcome aboard. Martin Hernandez is a forum member who specializes in mobile washing. Use the search function to check out his past posts.
You can visit the mobileworks site for general info.
There is a difference between mobile washing and mobile detailing. If your contact only washed cars for a week and made $1000 before costs, by my calculations, lesseee---at $35 a car, he had to do about 28 cars( 5 or 6 a day in a five-day work week ). It sounds possible but consider that my estimate is a "before costs" guess. There would be time spent driving between appointments and days lost due to rain.
Bud Abraham is the man to ask about the likelihood of avoiding taxes, EPA Clean Water Act requirements etc. Check his past posts on these matters.
Above all, review the archives and print out selections you want to put in a book for reference.
Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login