Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How do I get sand off my cars paint

Posted by maggieone 
How do I get sand off my cars paint
November 28, 2006 06:12PM
I got sand on my car from the beach, and we have tried powerwashing and it still won't come off any suggestions

Thanks
Re: How do I get sand off my cars paint
November 28, 2006 09:38PM
From what you have told us, it is not easy to understand what is going on and why the sand is sticking to the surface of your car. Sounds like you may want to consider taking your car to a professional detailer.

Re: How do I get sand off my cars paint
November 29, 2006 06:07PM
Was the car dirty before you took it to the beach? If you have thoroughly power-washed the car, painted surfaces, underneath, wheel wells etc, you should have removed the majority of the larger grains. It is especially important to do this if it was salt water. A lot of people would probably just rinse it off and start washing with a mitt and not think about the marring left behind until the sun comes out and reveals their efforts. Most professional detailers will use a pre-soak after rinsing in a situation like this to loosen up the grime and remaining residue left behind. Make sure if you want someone to do this that they use a pre-soak that is left to dwell for awhile and that they use a lot of water to wash with. It is a simple procedure. If there is any marring left behind it will be light and simple to remove by a professional.

Detailing, An Art In Motion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login