Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Schedule Of Details

Posted by kevin garcia 
Schedule Of Details
November 08, 2003 03:21AM
<HTML>To all the professional detailers,

How do you guys set up your details, what I mean is how often do you clay polish and seal the car, and what do you do in between. I want to know the whole schedule and how much you charge for the services.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin</HTML>
Re: Schedule Of Details
November 08, 2003 03:55AM
<HTML>Kevin:

I usually see my customers 2-3 times a year. Everytime I do their cars, or any car for that matter, I always clay, polish and seal. Sealant will last up to 6 months so I do it even if they come back 3 months later, especially if they drive it everyday and its left outside.

Bud encouraged me to raise my prices so I now get between $175-$250 a car/truck.

If the same customer comes back and wants just a freshen up job, I give them the express detail (wash, clay, Body Shine spray, vacuum, dress tires.) That runs about $50-$90 for 2 hours work.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 08, 2003 06:05AM
<HTML>I like Brian's system and will probably do the same. I did a black Vette today that I did in June. I checked the surface after I washed it and it was just as smooth as when I left it, so I didn't clay it. I figured it didn't need it since it was already in excellent condition. I charge $179-$219 for a car/truck. More if they bring me a real pig. My expresses will be in the same range as Brian's...$60-$100.

Brian...when you to a freshen up and you clay it, doesn't the clay remove the sealant that's on the surface?</HTML>
November 08, 2003 07:13AM
<HTML>Rod:

I don't think the clay would remove the sealant since I just glide it over the surface gently to remove any contaminants. From what I researched the sealant will stay bonded to the paint unlike the wax, which I'm sure will be removed from claying...even a heavy washing.

Thats a good point you brought up about the claying may remove the sealant. I'll look into that a little deeper.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 10, 2003 04:02AM
<HTML>Ah...you're right Brian. Sealant isn't affected by the clay but it will remove wax. I did a black Camaro SS yesterday and the paint was in pretty rough shape...lots of sap & c/w scratches. I clayed, polished & sealed it. Wow!! It really came out beautiful. The clay made a big difference in smoothing out the surface and it didn't add any time to the wash process. I had my mitt on one hand and clay in the other so it was nothing to go over the whole surface. Very quick and easy enough to do on every car I work on.

Thanks dude!!!</HTML>
November 10, 2003 04:12AM
<HTML>Thats a pretty cool technique--mitt in one hand, clay in the other. I love clay! I'm using clay like i use towels. Never knew how I got by without it when I first started. Don't think it was around then.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

November 12, 2003 06:17AM
<HTML>I have clients from every two weeks to once a year and everything inbetween. My most popular service is every two months for $95 a visit.</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
November 12, 2003 08:06PM
<HTML>So Rod, you use the shampoo as a clay lube? I’ll have to try that!
What a great resource this forum is…
SteveM
3rd generation detailer</HTML>
November 13, 2003 06:41AM
<HTML>Steve...I was amazed at how well it worked. It was every bit as good as using my clay lube, only a ton cheaper. I often wonder if some of that clay lube is nothing more than a low foaming soap, anyhow. But it worked like a charm. Plus the finish was just smooth as glass. No smudgy little lines or streaks and no greasy spots left on the finish. It just came out beautiful. I talked to the owner on Monday and he was just gushing. He's gonna refer me and wants me back out in the spring. I'll gladly do it. Just to be able to drive that car was worth it...'96 Camaro SS. You know...Super Swift!!! Handling was Super Sweet, too!!! But man, does it ever have a freakin' ton of power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZOOM ZOOM VA-RRRRRROOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login