Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Yessessentials & Chrysler

Posted by buda 
Yessessentials & Chrysler
January 09, 2007 08:01PM
Gentlemen:

Before DELMONT someone posted here under one of the topics I cannot find that he was informed by a Service Manager of a Chrysler dealership that the company was going to begin putting the "Protection Packages" on at the factory.

What I have been able to determine from my contacts with the auto manufacturers is that Chrysler is putting in some of their new vehicles what is called Yesessentials.

If you care to know about this please do to the website [www.yesessentials.com] and you can see for yourself what this unique protection is for yourself.

Regards
Bud Abraham

buda
Re: Yessessentials & Chrysler
January 15, 2007 04:18AM
Bud :
I visited the Yes essentials site. Before anyone orders any of their products, I advise reading the warranty they provide. Some types of staining are excluded and the warranty lasts one year. It makes me wonder if the stain resistance wears off eventually. Also, you are required to use only normal cleaners. If a detailer gets creative and uses Tarminator to remove a stain, "goodbye warranty".
Be alert for a possible hidden downside.
Thanks for letting us know about these products, Bud. I hope they turn out to work as well as claimed.
Doug
Re: Yessessentials & Chrysler
January 24, 2007 08:09PM
The DaimlerChrysler vehicles which have the YES Essentials cloth are
Dodge- Caliber, Nitro, Ram and Dakota
Chrysler- Aspen, PT Cruiser, Pacifica, Sebring Sedan, Sebring Convertible
Jeep- Parriot, Wrangle, Compass

The DCX service bulletin number is 23-021-06

As we manufactuer the DaimlerChrysler MoPar MasterShield product line, this bulletin raised concerns, not only in Automotive International, but in the MoPar Parts Marketing Group.

The dealers have sold the MasterShield Fabric Protector for over 20 years, and Parts Marketing was not notified of this requirement by the fabric manufactuer.

When the bulletin was released, it was without DCX engineering testing as to compatibility.

They have now started testing of the compatibility, and first intial testing imdicates that the MasterShield product does not not harm the fabric, but rather enhances the properties of the fabric.

Once the testing is complete and DCX sends us the results, I will be posting the results, good or bad.

Ketch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login