Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seat Fabric in Newer Cars - Urgent

Posted by ssa111 
Seat Fabric in Newer Cars - Urgent
March 01, 2007 02:34PM
Hello All:

I know this subject has been touched on, but I am having a major problem with late model Chrysler, Ford and GM vehicles. It seems that the new fabric being used on the seats is staining when water hits it. I have a contract with 2 large dealerships in our area, a Ford and Lincoln/Mercury Volvo. The Ford dealer is a large truck dealer and consequently we are seeing a lot of F-150s with Fabric seats that are stained to all hell. I have tried everything on these seats and nothing produces near the results i would expect. I am spraying foam upholstery shampoo on a MF towel and agitating, then using my Vapor Clean Steam Extractor to clean them. When they dry, no matter how long i work on them, they don't look much better...Anyone have any ideas/tricks they are using on these vehicles to achieve nice results?
Re: Seat Fabric in Newer Cars - Urgent
March 01, 2007 04:26PM
Three years ago we were asked by the Tech Centers at Ford, DaimlerChrysler and Mazda to research this issue and if possible, come up with a process to clean these fabrics, and either eliminate or reduce the concern.

We did a number of tests, on seat covers, seats with the covers on them, etc, which came out of vehicles which they had replaced with new covers or seats.

After two months of testing, etc, we came up with a process that they accepted.

It is on our website, www.autoint.com under the Tech Tips Section.

If you have access to current vehicle manufacturers tech bulletins, you may find this as well.

An added note, we found, by using several all purpose cleaners on the market, studying of their MSDS's, that many water based cleaners, with their formulation, contribute to the concern, so the process on the site, specifies, "no butyl cellosolve surfactants" may be in the all purpose cleaner.

Hope this helps, if not, give our Tech Support a call.

Ketch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login