Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Saving $$ on printing

Posted by turbomangt 
Saving $$ on printing
November 10, 2003 12:44PM
<HTML>Dan from the forum sent me one of his flyers and I must say I was extremely impressed. It came at a great time because I was in the process of doing one myself. I was quoted anywhere from .50-.75 a copy for color. (way over my budget.) When I asked him how much it cost him, I was floored. He bought a program for $8, (print shop) and designed it and printed it from his computer and printer. $15 for an ink cartridge will make 200 copies. I guess I have my work cut out for me. THANKS DAN. you da man. Gary</HTML>

&quot;Clean cars drive better&quot; www.perfectautofinish.com
Dan
Re: Saving $$ on printing
November 11, 2003 12:50AM
<HTML>No prob-bob, always trying to help when time permits. You guys can buy the ink for cheap at printpal.com and do the whole thing on your computer at home.</HTML>
November 11, 2003 03:09AM
<HTML>You can also use MS Word or MS Works etc. to make and print flyers. In there somewhere under Works Tools you will find some templates etc to make your own flyers and brochures.

You can also print your own invoices etc .

Jim.</HTML>
November 11, 2003 10:40AM
<HTML> Dan and Jim are correct. Doing it yourself is definitely the way to go. My wife and I designed my brochure/flyer(1/2 standard page in size). She is the computor expert and in reality I believe she used three different programs. Anyhow, I initially did not want to do the printing myself so went to several local print shops to get estimates. I was amazed the prices were .90 to $1.10 each!!!!!!!!!! if I bought 1000 at a time. I almost died. I decided very quickly to print at home on one of our printers. Due to the color and graphics involved I seem to use a lot of cartridges but the cost comes out to 8.1 cents each. BEATS the heck out of what I was quoted. Doing it at home is certainly the way to go. If any of you new folks want or need some ideas , suggestions or assistance with this you are welcome to reply either here or to my e-mail. Thanks and Happy Detailing to all, Ron</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login