Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Shop

Posted by byron devine 
New Shop
November 11, 2003 11:40PM
<HTML>I think I might have a new shop soon i talked to a person at the warehouse today and I used to be a electrical control person when i worked at the electrical supply house i did a lot of work for them for free he has a building that he is going to get rid of and he came to me and ask if was interested in it i looked at it and the price is right. Free quit claim deed all i have to do is pay the fees on it. to get it done.

Might be spring before i get it into shape to open but that means no more working outside in the winter time. No more whoreing around car lots except when i want to this is going to be a blast</HTML>
Re: New Shop
November 12, 2003 12:48AM
<HTML>Congrats on the new shop!</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
November 12, 2003 04:43AM
<HTML>Go for it, Byron!!! You sure won't regret it. How big is it? How many cars you figure you'll be able to hold? Will you have to do any major mods like ad an oil/water seperator or collector?

Sounds pretty sweet. Good luck!!</HTML>
November 12, 2003 11:00AM
<HTML>The building shop part is about 25x50 I think i could get 3 cars in there

It has 2 overhead doorsonly one of them will open I think the building used to be a horse stable it is well over 100 years old it has a 7 foot cealing in it
with a loft and if i take out the loft it will go up to ten feet.The building look real rough on the out side but. The price is right. The bad thing about it is that with out putting a metal skin on the inside of the building there coulndt be any kind of welding going on in there. place would burn to the ground in about 5 minutes. I figure that in time after i get it setup and make some money in there tear the old building down and build me a good 2 bay building on the same lot that is why they are getting rid of it used to be a cabniet shop in there and they wanted to put up a new one and it would have been 25 feet wide and 240 long in order to fit within the zoneing laws. A good 2 car garage would fit there great</HTML>
November 12, 2003 02:52PM
<HTML>Do I understand that the owner will give you the building for FREE? If so, that is great, but being a cautious business person, and finding in life that few things are really FREE, I urge you to check the soil on the property; on or near the building for any type of contamination. Or, better yet in the transfer of ownership papers that you have your attorney put in the papers that you are not in any way responsible for any contamination on the property, that should there be any contamination the owner would be responsible.

If you take the property and it is contaminated in any way you could be in for some very expensive problems that you cannot get away from.

This is basic in the purchase of any property, the banks will not finance unless you get a "clean bill of health" on a piece of property you want them to finance. So even though this is FREE you had better make sure of this issue.

If I can help you with building layout let me know as we have numerous building layouts for detail shops.

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
November 13, 2003 03:48AM
<HTML>Great deal byron and the best of luck to you, buds got a few good points too.</HTML>
November 19, 2003 03:52AM
<HTML>Getting ready to close on the new shop got a clean bill of health from the epa got a negative from the city inspector needs the electrical service updated before he will let the electric get turned on and hel also recommend that i get all the loose boards fixes on the exterior of the building but as long as i look like i was trynig to get something done to it he said he will stay off my back for a long time he was just glad that some body was going to do something with it</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login